Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ye wats up dudes just wanna know if those plugs can fit the sr20 motor(are the threads the same and stuff)? i use them in my ga16 and there great. my boy has a 92 ser and when he reves it the plug wire poppes out dunno y but i think hes runing those shity bosch plugs. well just wantd to know if it would fit and yes i did use the search and found no answer.thnx alot buys.latez

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
The proper copper plugs for the SR20 are the BKR6E in that heat range, the extra -11 on the GA plugs indicates an extended tip. The spark would not be firing in the sweet spot of the cylinder if you use the -11s.
Are they after market wires? New plugs won't fix wires with problems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ye there after market wires but if u touch the wire u can feel it vibrating itz real weird did this before he changed the wires 2 and the 11s wrk nice on my ga the car ldeals alot better but the sr might be a dif story but in my owners manual the sr20 platinum plugs have the 11 at the end but i could be wrong.thnx bro latez:D

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
the 11s wrk nice on my ga the car ldeals alot better
Yes,the NGKs are nice.:)

but the sr might be a dif story but in my owners manual the sr20 platinum plugs have the 11
at the end but i could be wrong.thnx bro latez
You are right about the SR20 plats having the -11.
The plats run an extended gap, the coppers a smaller gap. The coppers and plats have different sparking characteristics due to the metal used and the size of the electrode. The difference is enough that Nissan and NGK decided to use two different plug models for the same engine.

Tell your friend to borrow some OEM wires and see if it makes a difference for a week. I bet most of his problems go away. New OEM wires are less than $50. Most of the big turbo guys run OEM, they work. If your friend must have colored wires, the NGK wires are decent but more expensive. Most other wires have connector or shielding problems.

Give a man a spark plug and he will never learn to fish for his own.

Save the bkr6e-11s for your own car.:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok kool peter ill let him know about the wires. we just want the best outta his car itz like a team thing so thats y i want to get him these plugs(hurts to see a wounded sr20 and know i can do somthing about it lol) but thnx again man.lata

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey I use the BKR6Ell's in my SR20. Have used them for a while. Most of the people I know that use Nitrous use them.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
I'm sure your plugs work fine and yes, you can run them in a SR, but nitrous isn't factory.

Nitrous and turbos are entirely different animals with their own needs. The setups can be so different that one plug can't be the best to use for all situations. Some use tiny gapped coppers (turbo), others extended (nitrous), some just play around with different combos each month.

I'm sure someone who owns either beast can shed some further light as to why specifically they use the plugs they do.

That said, use the plugs and wires you want.:)
Trial and error breeds experience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
dropsentra94 said:
bkr6e-11s it is thnx alot dudes.lata
OK.

I waited a bit but ...

according to the FSM BKR6E-11 is NOT recommended for SR20DEs.

First, the 11 at the end has NOTHING to do with the length of the TIP. It is the electrode GAP as supplied from NGK. 11 means 1.1mm or 0.043 inches. In any case, you should always check and adjust if necessary the gap even in brand new plugs.

Second, as per FSM the suggested gaps for SR20DE plugs are:

1.1mm or 0.043 inches for the PLATINUMS only, hence the PFR6B-11 suggestion for stock plug.

0.9mm or 0.035 inches for the COPPER plugs. So if you are going to use BKR6Es gap them to 0.035 inches.

Chris

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
peter96 said:

Nitrous and turbos are entirely different animals with their own needs.
This is so true. I went through set after set of spark plugs in my DET until i found some nice Denso's. I would literally go through plugs in 3 weeks or less. One night i detonated 3 out of 4 plugs racing a WS-6 on the freeway. It was funny. Cool spark for me... always go with the cool spark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts