Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Has it been a full moon ALL THIS MONTH or something?! Or has everyone been on the "rag"? Too many whiney-ass-I-deserve-everthing-work-for-nothing-I'm-better-than-the-next-guy members lately.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Timbo said:
Has it been a full moon ALL THIS MONTH or something?! Or has everyone been on the "rag"? Too many whiney-ass-I-deserve-everthing-work-for-nothing-I'm-better-than-the-next-guy members lately.
LOL!!!! :)

·
Friends of ours...
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The latest trend is great technical people with ZERO people skills. I've said it before that knowing your shit isn't enough.

I say one smack down for being an ass and then they lose the job. 88truckguy should be released, pure ego, and small penis syndrome.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
see the link to the test pattern "joke" Chimmike posted... then 88path-smartass replied...

After all the talk neither of them seem to get it..

I can reel Mike Hall (chimmike) in... since he has a NPM project car I can use that as leverage... "either stop or you're out"

Maybe we need to look at age limitations for moderators.. seems the problem ones are always 19-24 years old..

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
myoung said:
see the link to the test pattern "joke" Chimmike posted... then 88path-smartass replied...

After all the talk neither of them seem to get it..
I don't think either of them will. How many times have you and Mike spoken to Chimmike? The users complain about him constantly. It's easy to dismiss the complainers (as Chimmike often does), but there is such a concept as personal responsibility.

Maybe we need to look at age limitations for moderators.. seems the problem ones are always 19-24 years old..
Perhaps not age restrictions. I may be almost 29 now, but when I helped put sentra.net together I was 22. According to his profile 88path-smartass (I like that name) is nearly the same age as I. I think we simply need to be much more careful in reviewing someone's past behavior before considering them. Whenever I've picked a new moderator I've always observed them for several weeks and checked their feedback. I then will sometimes ask for the feedback of others. No matter how knowledgeable a person may be, if they have antisocial tendencies giving them a position of power will only make it worse.

The main reason why I personally only seldomly add another moderator to the forums is I tend to be pretty picky in who I choose.

·
4,571 Posts
Adam said:
Hey, I don't think I was ever a problem ;)

but I'll be 25 in two months.
okay I take that back... just seems like when htese guys get talked to one of the excuses is "School pressures" or something along those lines.

I sent Chimmike a long PM today.. if he doesn't get it this time then there is no hope...

·
4,571 Posts

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
Why don't you guy's vote when it comes time to bring in a new mod? It seems that the communication amongst the team is not there. Let's look at 88pathoffroad for example. The guy pissed a few of us off but yet he became a mod a few day's later.

·
4,571 Posts
Slurppie said:
Why don't you guy's vote when it comes time to bring in a new mod? It seems that the communication amongst the team is not there. Let's look at 88pathoffroad for example. The guy pissed a few of us off but yet he became a mod a few day's later.

That's an excellent point...

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Slurppie said:
We really should. I was honestly shocked when I saw 88pathoffroad had been made a mod.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts