Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I come out to my car one morning and found that the crackheads decided to break into my car the night before. Ripped out the center dash panel and damaged the radio. Bummer, but I also found that my turn signals dont blink, on the dash or the light. Fuse is O.K., and the lights come on but don't flash. No apparent damage to the steering column either. What can I check next before taking it to the dealer before $$ diagnostic $$ and repair? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
lots of connections run through the sterio wiring harness i didnt have dash lights ever again after i tried puttin the origiona harness back together so i could put a darn cd player in, whoever had the car before me was running asony tape dec off the dimmer switch, i could shut the radio off if i turned the dash lights all the way down lol or get louder volume if i made them all the way bright.. silly people anyway check all your connections

·
Come here often?
767 Posts
With a problem like that wiring diagrams are going to be your friend. A Haynes manual could be somewhat useful (though they rarely are) or hopefully you can still download the B13 FSM at phatg20.net. (You'll have to register there before you can access it.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, on a hunch I took off the dash panel and reconnected the hazard light button, and Shazam! The turn signals work.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
SEEEEE told ya, a lot of things on nissans are grounded through other switches and stuff so when one gets f'ed up so does like 2 or 3 more things

·
Registered
3 Posts
matrix said:
So I come out to my car one morning and found that the crackheads decided to break into my car the night before. Ripped out the center dash panel and damaged the radio. Bummer, but I also found that my turn signals dont blink, on the dash or the light. Fuse is O.K., and the lights come on but don't flash. No apparent damage to the steering column either. What can I check next before taking it to the dealer before $$ diagnostic $$ and repair? Thanks!
Turn Signals Are Wired Thru The Hazard Switch Is It Connected?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts