Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering about a few performance mods.

1. exhaust. i like the way it sounds now w/stock and i dont like the fart can or angry bee honda sounds from aftermarket exhaust. with this said is there a cat-back to fit my needs???? the motor makes most of its torque down low, and headers can make u lose low end, any suggestions on headers???? what size exhaust is good for these motors????

2. shifters. am looking for a short throw shifter. am wondering if the 5-speed out of a 02 se-r will work or is there one for my tranny????

3.cams. never delt w/ twin cam setups, what kinds of lift and duration can i use on the I/E and still stay smog legal and the such????

most of my experience is with a 78 Z and i want to learn more about the performance mods for my 02. in the end will probally get a spec-v in a couple anyways.

thanx ahead of time for any info

jeff w

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. You can go with a Stromung or VRS exhaust. Make sure to get a resonator to avoid the fart can sound. As for the header, go with Hotshot. And some people say a 2" exhaust is good and some say 2.25". Whatever you get, make sure it is mandrel bent.

2. I have no idea.

3. There are no cams for the QG18DE yet.

All of your questions, and more can be found by clicking here

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
go to ptuning.com and look under any sentra year until 1999 for a pacesetter short shifter. the shifters on the SER are not shorter, and the spec V is a cable shifter, so they are not the same either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
short throw shifter

am considering the GB on the short throw right now. looked at the info and the model year ends w/ 01. is my 02 tranny different enough that im out of luck???

·