Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is my first thread, so lets see how it goes...I have 94 sentra xe with an automatic transmission which is my daily driver. One of the many small issues with it is that it shift into second gear very quick once I start driving, third and fourth gear appear to shift at the righ speed, is there a way to adjust the shift points in these transmissions. thanks in advance.:newbie:

·
Registered
734 Posts
you have a cable coming out of the tranny and it connects to the throttle body. you will notice a small black square that the cable has attached to it just before it go's to the throttle body. you need to push the black button in, then slide the cable up or down. you will have to play with it and drive it to get the setting you prefer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
you have a cable coming out of the tranny and it connects to the throttle body. you will notice a small black square that the cable has attached to it just before it go's to the throttle body. you need to push the black button in, then slide the cable up or down. you will have to play with it and drive it to get the setting you prefer.
It seems that when I make this adjustment it only seems to affect 3rd and 4th gear shift points, maybe im missing something, by the way the cable can only go so far down until it bottoms out, or could it be that I need to adjust something else first? FYI it shifts into 2nd gear at about 5 mi/h maybe thats the way it should be???

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yea this is a good question I have a similar issue that can only be helped by giving the car more peddle. I tried to adjust this cable and it helped a little but the shift from first to second under a light load is real quick! To quick as far as I am concerned. I have been thinking about a shift kit (valve body reprogram) to help with this issue. I am afraid that these car's were never designed to shift with any authority........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts