Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? I just picked up my first Maxima a couple of weeks ago, and thought I'd pop in. I heard about DNE through some people at g35driver.com, and I've been reading over maxima.org for some time now for info.

So here's some pics of the car - if anyone recognizes it, that would be could if you hit me up. I won't hold any unpleasant surprises against you! I bought the car at Bankston Nissan in Lewisville.

Also, I need to replace the shocks/struts, and I'm going with the Tokico HP blues - more because of affordability and the performance I can get. I thought I'd try to get anyone's opinion on those as well as spring recommendations for a mild lowering with near stock ride...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome. The ride looks good. Alot of mods out there for your ride including boost. ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. The ride looks good. Alot of mods out there for your ride including boost. ;)
Right on! I've got a lot of experience rebuilding a '94 300Z TT, and I'm just curious, has that swap been done? I doubt the turbos will fit, but hey, where there's a will...

Has there been an attempt to fit the upper intake plenum from a Z?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I haven't seen that swap. But there are plenty of VQ35 swaps and I've seen one with the VQ35 swap+350Z Intake plenum.

Right on! I've got a lot of experience rebuilding a '94 300Z TT, and I'm just curious, has that swap been done? I doubt the turbos will fit, but hey, where there's a will...

Has there been an attempt to fit the upper intake plenum from a Z?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen that swap. But there are plenty of VQ35 swaps and I've seen one with the VQ35 swap+350Z Intake plenum.
Now that's sweet. I could use seeing that. I had to give up my G35 and that's how I got into this bad boy. So far, the Maxima has not disappointed me!

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
Welcome to the Maxima family. There is alot that you can do to these things. Also there is a bunch of people here that know just about everything you will ever need to know about Maximas. Are coming to the June DNE meet?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome:) and nice white girl haha auto, 5spd? what happend to the G
Thanks, she's a 5 spd. I had to let go of the G so I could eat. Payments were putting me on a diet.

So I've seen the plethora of mods that can be done - I was wondering, if I'm to lower on, say, Maxspeed springs, will I need some kind of alignment kit? Will I even need an alignment?

LatinMax, I haven't heard anything about the DNE meet, unless you're talking about the pool party... In which case I'll have to run that by the wife. I'm in with the "so long as BlueBOB doesn't wear a speedo" crowd.

Hit me up if you know of anyone with 5th gen parts (suspension, y-pipe, intake) they are trying to get rid of. I'm trying to sell my wife's 2007 Civic - perhaps we could negotiate a deal...

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
I have a Cattman CAI, Front strut bar and rear sway bar for your car.
I also have a Kenwood double din head unit with NAV, Siries SAT radio, voice activation, custom install kit & wiring harness. Plug & play!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Cattman CAI, Front strut bar and rear sway bar for your car.
I also have a Kenwood double din head unit with NAV, Siries SAT radio, voice activation, custom install kit & wiring harness. Plug & play!
We need to talk. PM?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts