Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife just bought a 1997 200sx. I was wondering if there are any major probs that come with the car. Ive searched and have found no recalls, but I am curious to see what probs people have had.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
I have a 96 abd the only recall I had was for the windshield wipers, other then that no problems !! :D

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
The fact that it doesn't have a turbo is the greatest problem. ;)

Actually, the car is a tank, I have not heard of any major problems except normal maintence issues. Just take good care of it and it will last forever.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbos can be bad things. my car is a 2.3 liter turbo, that is broke right now. too much boost broke a con rod (oops!).

·
Platinum
462 Posts
drag0n said:
my wife just bought a 1997 200sx. I was wondering if there are any major probs that come with the car. Ive searched and have found no recalls, but I am curious to see what probs people have had.
No major common problems. But some minor common problems like power steering fluid leak, cooling system hoses, dash light dimmer switch, rear O2 sensor, EGR vacum line, alternator... Nothing you really have to worry about. It's a good wife car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya i'm proud of my 200 i've had the car for about a 1 1/2 and the only prob i had was the alternator and it only took about 30mins to change out. other than that no other problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts