Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all....well my names Paul and i'm looking at buying a 300zx twin turbo auto

i test drove a manual version (import) with 380hp and i have to say loved it!....the power is amazing, 70mph in 2nd gear was crazy!,,, :thumbup:

However it had a few little cosmetic faults which annoyed me so i'm going to view another one on Sunday. Its an auto version and i wanted to ask for advise on what to look out for and if you guys recomend the auto version...?...also what power does a stock imported 3.0 tt auto run?...

I dont know much about them as yet and i'll be looking over this site all weekend trying to learn as much as i can so any help would be much appricated.... :)

many thanks....Paul
:fluffy:

·
The Right One Baby!
2,506 Posts
Welcome to NF! Post this in the Z section of the forums. Those are the guys that could tell what to look for when checking out the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumpin said:
Welcome to NF! Post this in the Z section of the forums. Those are the guys that could tell what to look for when checking out the car.
thanks bumpin....will do...
:thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT can anyone help?.....i'm going to view one tomorrow, here's the spec:

NISSAN 300ZX Twin Turbo Targa
Auto, L reg. gloss black, immaculate throughout, the best around, usual Jap extras includes adjustable sports suspension, full chrome exhaust, cruise control, sports auto box, full electric pack, Targa top & much more, stunning car throughout, 1 yrs MOT, 6 months tax & 3 months warranty, only. £3,995.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
From what it looks like it's in really good condition. How many miles are on it. Heck if it's under 200K I would buy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its got 120k km.....so around 60k miles....which is pretty dam good for a car of its year.

i'm going tomorrow morning now.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dammit...just rang the guy and its sold....so back to autotrader!..lol

i've found this, but its not the turbo....so i'm not too sure....might still go and have a look though...

1993 NISSAN Fairlady 300 ZX Auto
2x2, K reg. 70000 miles, Met grey, MoT, tax, excellent condition, unmarked cloth interior, e/seats, windows, mirrors, alloys, a/c, cruise control, stereo, 2 owners, stunning. £2,995.

comments?...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is another one which i test drove last week....

NISSAN 300 ZX 3.0 V6 Targa
3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 60,000 miles, Metallic Blue. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Body kit, CD, Central locking, Climate Control, Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Leather seats, Leather upholstery, Immobiliser, Locking wheel nuts, Metallic paintwork, Power assisted steering, Spoiler, Sports seats. SUPER CHIPPED, FULL KAKIMOTO RACING KIT INCLUDING TWIN STRAIGHT THROUGH STAILESS EXHAUST, RACING CLUTCH AND GEAR BOX. This car is truely unique and has been my pride joy it is serviced all the belts done you are welcome to come and have a look but i dont do test pilots it is fast about 380 BHP £4,495.

its fast as hell and it scared me s***less, but i loved it....the only problems with it were the front bumper needs fixing and respraying as he hit a speedbump and cracked it...the front side light needs replacing and the rear spoiler is rubber, which was sprayed and needs swapping for a plastic one. Then the trim inside needs sticking down in places and lastly there was a bad steering wobble at 80, which i reckon all that needs is the wheels balancing......but the engine was sweet and the exhaust sounded immense!, the gear change was like silk and the clutch was so light. But like i say it needs tidying, what do you guys reckon?.....how expensive are we talking for fixing these bits...?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
cadvis3d said:

3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 60,000 miles, Metallic Blue. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Body kit, CD, Central locking, Climate Control, Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Leather seats, Leather upholstery, Immobiliser, Locking wheel nuts, Metallic paintwork, Power assisted steering, Spoiler, Sports seats. SUPER CHIPPED, FULL KAKIMOTO RACING KIT INCLUDING TWIN STRAIGHT THROUGH STAILESS EXHAUST, RACING CLUTCH AND GEAR BOX. This car is truely unique and has been my pride joy it is serviced all the belts done you are welcome to come and have a look but i dont do test pilots it is fast about 380 BHP £4,495.

its fast as hell and it scared me s***less, but i loved it....the only problems with it were the front bumper needs fixing and respraying as he hit a speedbump and cracked it...the front side light needs replacing and the rear spoiler is rubber, which was sprayed and needs swapping for a plastic one. Then the trim inside needs sticking down in places and lastly there was a bad steering wobble at 80, which i reckon all that needs is the wheels balancing......but the engine was sweet and the exhaust sounded immense!, the gear change was like silk and the clutch was so light. But like i say it needs tidying, what do you guys reckon?.....how expensive are we talking for fixing these bits...?

For the light I would keep an eye at ebay for something of that sorts. Same for the bumper. And to respray the bumper your talking about around 300 dollars US. Still that's a really good deal it sounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was thinking something around that price....the colour is a one off and was resprayed in japan, the trim inside is white leather, which was just overlaid over the stock trim (i could just remove it all and have it stock instead)

like i say it just needs some tlc, but the engine is great and he has all the documents for it, including import papers (12 months ago a guy paid 6k for it)

i need to go and have another look over her, get the touch out,etc....hes a nice guy though and said he'd give me the stock exhaust system too and the covers for the roof....do you think its still a good price then?

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
cadvis3d said:

The Z32 never came with a targa top, adjustable steering column/wheel.

I would be careful with this car? "SUPER CHIPPED, GEAR BOX, body kit"? Never heard of that chip and gear box. I don't think the owner is telling the truth. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spongerider said:
The Z32 never came with a targa top, adjustable steering column/wheel.

I would be careful with this car? "SUPER CHIPPED, GEAR BOX, body kit"? Never heard of that chip and gear box. I don't think the owner is telling the truth. :rolleyes:
i did wonder that too.....i've just been talking it over with my dad and he agrees that its got too many small things that need sorting and he has no proof of the 380hp either, just his word....

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
cadvis3d said:
i did wonder that too.....i've just been talking it over with my dad and he agrees that its got too many small things that need sorting and he has no proof of the 380hp either, just his word....
Just be patient, you'll find one! :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
the stock 300zx's arent 380 horsepower. the non-turbo is 220 horsepower, and the twin turbo is 300 horsepower. you said you test drove a fairlady? id go with the fairlady. its the rarest of the Z's, and i believe the most powerful Z also with the most options(dont quote me on that though)

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
ZcarObsession said:
the stock 300zx's arent 380 horsepower. the non-turbo is 220 horsepower, and the twin turbo is 300 horsepower. you said you test drove a fairlady? id go with the fairlady. its the rarest of the Z's, and i believe the most powerful Z also with the most options(dont quote me on that though)
Ummm no...it could of been a modded car...NAs have 222...and the Fairladys which are just the same as the rest (j-spec) only made 280bhp when compared to the U.S. 300bhp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
All, and i mean ALL Datsun/Nissan Z's are Fairlady's

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Nope...there is no difference. We all own Fairladys but everyone just calls the JDM cars Fairladys. They are no different.
Z32 Japan.

-No precats
-Cams are different
-Battery is located on left hand side.
-TT came in 2+2 or 2 seater
-Maps are programed for 98 octane

Z32 US

Comes with,
-Precats
-Cams on a manual TT are different then Jspec.
-Battery is located on right hand side.
-TT only come in 2 seater.
-Maps are programed for 92-94 octane

As far as engine this is the difference between the Z32 I don't really know about the Z31 or the S series.

·
Registered
72 Posts
he ment there is no difference in the name of the car.

All Z's are Fairlady's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts