Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm not a newbie HB owner. I bought a new HB from the showroom floor in 1987 (1986 1/2 model), I was 21 and the most excited guy in the world. It was a reg. cab, 2wd, no air, 5 speed, manual steering, stock as you can get but it was SWEEEEET!!! It had the Z24 engine (GOD..I miss that truck!!) Thirteen years later I traded it for a used 4wd 96 model, nice truck..underpowered but it had A/C and power steering. Drove it another 10 years and last year traded it for a Dodge Durango (big V8 and all the bell and whistles). Well, I found in the last year I missed my little Nissan truck. The Durago is really nice, big power, 4WD, the nicest vehicle I've ever owned but I missed my Nissan trucks. So, last week I bought a 1990 model, 2wd pickup. Paid $1000 for it and it's a good truck. Has a steering problem (steering box?) but otherwise I love it. That being said, when did the Z24 go away? My 87 had the Z24, 8 spark plugs, hemi head. My 4WD had a 4 cylinder but not the Z24. This truck I bought last week doesn't have the Z24 but it is a 4 cylinder. History please....:newbie:

·
3,553 Posts
The Z24i was used from 87-90 IIRC. Then they went to the KA24E.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts