Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am working a 1991 Sentra and found the valve cover leaking. This is the first time I have seen a valve cover with screws in it. My question is, when I change the gasket is there anything I should inspect or change besides the valve cover gasket. I noticed in some of the other posts that yall talk about sparkplug o-ring and I believe around the distributer. What is the toqur spec and pattern for the valve cover.

Up to this point I have been strictly an American shade tree kind of gal!!
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
check with part dealers for details

hookerp said:
I am working a 1991 Sentra and found the valve cover leaking. This is the first time I have seen a valve cover with screws in it. My question is, when I change the gasket is there anything I should inspect or change besides the valve cover gasket. I noticed in some of the other posts that yall talk about sparkplug o-ring and I believe around the distributer. What is the toqur spec and pattern for the valve cover.

Up to this point I have been strictly an American shade tree kind of gal!!
Thanks
when you buy a new valve cover gasket the spark plug seals should be with the gasket. i dont know the exact torque specs all i know is they shouldnt be much more than hand tight, and as for pattern i would just go criss cross pattern, any more questions feel free to email me. [email protected]

·
Registered
98 Posts
oblique said:
when you buy a new valve cover gasket the spark plug seals should be with the gasket.

valve cover gasket does no come with the spark plug seals or at least when i bought mine they didnt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get the fel pro gasket set. If this is on the SR20, it will come with the gasket, spark plug gaskets, and new rubber for all the bolts. Use some RTV gray sealer on the 3 dips on the head, and put the VC back on. Snugging up the bolts by hand in a criss cross pattern will work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts