Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 88 SE-V6 ExCab 4x4 for 800.00

Ive owned several D21s in the past, but this is my first Auto. Im going to turn the bars a little to pick up the front end some, then add a 3" Body Lift, how difficult is it to BL an Auto? I have always had manuals and it wasnt too hard, anyone done this?
I havent even crawled under it yet, so not sure if the linkage is cable driven or if it has linkages.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will a pathfinder rear bumper fit on one of these trucks? Mine is tore up. I have to do a lot of cleaning on it before I start taking stuff off, the whole undercarriage is orange, and so is under the hood. I got some foaming engine bright for that, is there anything I should be careful of getting wet? I was going to use the low pressuer at the car wash.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt know automatics had slave cylinders, I thought they were limited to manual transmissions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been driving it for a couple of days now. It runs pretty good. It needs a serious cleaning. The only thing I have noticed is hard shifting and I get a little belt squeek when it shifts. So the agenda this weekend is to clean the motor and undercarriage. Check the belt tension.

I am pretty sure the waterpump has been replaced, someone put a 'flex' fan on it instead of an oem fan/clutch deal. So it sounds like a huge plane taking off when leaving a redlight. (sweet).

:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How hard is a flush headlight to recessed (smaller) headlight swap? This would hinder my color choices when I paint. If I cant get a chrome grill, then I'll stick with lighter colors. If I can get chrome then I will be able to go with a darker shade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts