Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to nissanforums.com. if youve been G20.net before, my username there is sentra024.... Right now im interested in a b13 GXE. Why the GXE? Well, for one, they are very rare here in Long Island.... I've only seen two. I think the reason for this is because it cost around 15k new and people just moved up to the altima instead. Also, I want to tune the GA16. I was an SR20 fan (especially the VE :) ) for a while, and still am, but i want to be original and work with the GA instead. This leads me to a couple of questions I have about the GXE:

1) Is it true that you couldn't get ABS and a sunroof in a GXE?
2) Does anyone have a B13 brochure that they could please scan and paste so that i could see the GXE options?
3) Does anyone have any info on the B12 GXE? What features did it add over the XE? Does anyone have a B12 brochure as well?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. :cool:

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
i dont think anyone has a brochure, its not a travel destination :cheers:

the GXE is the loaded version. it's got everything!

this is from edmunds.com, using 1992 as the reference model.

boldndicates difference between trims, italics indicates optional

Sentra XE equipment:
-Power Brakes
-Power Mirrors
-Power Steering
-Rear Window Defroster
--AM/FM/Cassette Audio System
-Air Conditioning
-Automatic 4-Speed Transmission
-Cruise Control

Sentra GXE equipment:
-Air Conditioning
-Aluminum/Alloy Wheels
-AM/FM/Cassette Audio System
-Cruise Control
-Digital Clock
-Intermittent Wipers
-Power Antenna
-Power Brakes
-Power Door Locks
-Power Mirrors
-Power Steering
-Power Windows
-Rear Spoiler
-Rear Window Defroster
-Remote Trunk Release
-Tachometer

·
Registered
16 Posts
G20BoiSR20 said:
for the first question i meant BOTH ABS and Sunroof together :rolleyes:
To answer your question, there are conversion kits you can purchase to install ABS to any Sentra, check www.fastbreaks.com for info on that.

As for a sunroof, it's a matter of finding one you like, and either knowing a good installer, or taking it to a professional and having it done.

If there's something I've found in the past few months, it's that pretty much any car can have any mod, it's a matter of finding the parts, and an installer, or just having the willpower to learn how to do it well on your own.

I don't have any info on where to get the sunroof, but I would imagine you could cut the top out of a similar model Sentra and weld the new top in that has the sunroof, then just shave the excess and paint. There's an easier way, but, if it came down to it, this would be an option.

Good luck!

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
nhladky said:
do it on your own.

sunroofs should ALWAYS be installed by professionals, and GOOD professionals. professionals have the training and equipment to safewguard against rust and maintain the vehicles strctural integrity. you could do it yourself, but in a year you'll wish you had a pro do it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tavel said:
sunroofs should ALWAYS be installed by professionals, and GOOD professionals. professionals have the training and equipment to safewguard against rust and maintain the vehicles strctural integrity. you could do it yourself, but in a year you'll wish you had a pro do it.
Good luck!
To correct this, my actual quote would have been-

If there's something I've found in the past few months, it's that pretty much any car can have any mod, it's a matter of finding the parts, and an installer, or just having the willpower to learn how to do it well on your own.

Note the "do it on your own", should have been, "do it well on your own". And that I initially stated that he should go to a shop or that it should be done by a professional, which I had also included, I also added this, and it's quite true. If you have the will power, a sunroof is not the most difficult mod to install when comparing to a wide body cut out and replace mod. I realize your quote was generalized to those who don't have the experience with auto bodies or repair who might really screw something like this up, however, I'd appreciate a clean quote as well. This is a mod that can be done by anyone who is willing to take the time to learn how to do it correctly. And all it takes are the right tools and a detailed book. I don't mean to flame, but if you're going to quote, please quote accurately and completely, not just include the parts that fit your purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts