Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change the user titles. Some people didn't like the "Nissan newbie", "know it all" and "Nissan expert" titles because they felt the titles were undeserved. In hindsight I agree they aren't the best ones I could have come up with.

Anyway, this is what I've changed the titles to for now. I've tried to select titles that are fairly generic and won't offend anyone.

NissanForums Newbie: 0-9 posts
Sorta-Newbie: 10-24 posts
Nissan Enthusiast: 25-249 posts
Nissan Fanatic: 250-499 posts
Nissan Addict: 500-999 posts

You'll know what happens at 1000 posts when someone gets there. ;)

I'm open to suggestions on additional titles I could add.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Scott said:
I decided to change the user titles. Some people didn't like the "Nissan newbie", "know it all" and "Nissan expert" titles because they felt the titles were undeserved. In hindsight I agree they aren't the best ones I could have come up with.

Anyway, this is what I've changed the titles to for now. I've tried to select titles that are fairly generic and won't offend anyone.

NissanForums Newbie: 0-9 posts
Sorta-Newbie: 10-24 posts
Nissan Enthusiast: 25-249 posts
Nissan Fanatic: 250-499 posts
Nissan Addict: 500-999 posts

You'll know what happens at 1000 posts when someone gets there. ;)

I'm open to suggestions on additional titles I could add.

unemployed.............LOL

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
I think that people with twenty something posts should be differentiated from people with over a hundred or two. Just my thoughts but I am only saying this cause I like your new ideas and I wanted to offer some help. Damn, I just broke the 100 post mark and you take my better status away by degrading it and mixing it with the new postr's.LOL oh well, I like being a nissan enthusiast better than sorta-newbie anyways. I'm just playing with you (sorta) and I like you new approach much better!

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)

Well, I would like to add at least another title in between sorta-newbie and Nissan enthusiast. I just couldn't think of another. ;)

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stealthb14 said:
Why not get user input?
That's what I'm trying to do! No one seems interested. Correction: no one has offered any "serious" suggestions.

:)

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
I think the rank thing is stupid personally. Just because someone has posted more than another makes him no more an expert of anything which is why I like that Nissan Addict thing... Some other forums I think let members write whatever it is they want under their name (which I know we have to wait like 6 months) but I think it's a good idea because it's no longer a rank but a way to personalize your account.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
James said:
I think the rank thing is stupid personally. Just because someone has posted more than another makes him no more an expert of anything which is why I like that Nissan Addict thing...
I agree completely... personally I would prefer to do away with user titles, post counts, and avatars. But the majority of people appear to want those features, and they can be kind of nice... I did end up uploading an avatar myself. As to the old user titles, I simply never gave it much thought when we were initially configuring the board since it was such an insignificant detail by comparison.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol

I won't say that can't be done. However it would require rewriting portions of the software. VBulletin bases user titles simply on post counts.

1,267 Posts
Besides, what if those 7-8 posts a day are actually helpful to the community? Hmm?? I don't think those people should be punnished at all. Perhaps we should go with the same plan that was on b15sentra.net, the off topic posts should not count towards post count. Although I figure that shouldn't matter untill we actually get some post whores that we mods don't smack down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts