Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey!....i just baught 200sx SE-R and im lookin for shit to do to it....
I got--custom welded 2.5 exhaust and an intake which i want a new one of cuz all it is is the adapter with a filter which sounds nice....but its not all that great. Anyone got any suggestions on what intake i should get?
or any other suggestions on what performance sparkplugs and wires i should use. well get back to me thanks:D:rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much power am I losing? (minusing hp off the stock hp or just not adding any hp at all?)... why?...Did me putting 2.5 ruin my back pressure? But I just want to how much power...so i can know if its worth spending money to put a 2inch exhaust in

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELCOME

not sure on the exact number of HP you are losing with 2.25.. but it does make all the difference in the world...as far as putting an intake, go for Hotshot, its dyno proven, or if u wanna save a few bucks and still have performance go with place racing. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I sell place racing, I haven't gotten one installed on my car as of yet but I've been told their nice, hopefully i can get one in sometime in the next week or so

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
200sxpower said:
i thought you were supposed to get 2.25" on an SER... thought the ga16 is the one to get the 2"
This is correct. If you have the SeR with a sr20de 2.5 is the right diamater for an exaust. 2.0 wuold be for the ga16 1.6 L.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats right!

my mistake...........on an se-r its good to get the 2.25 inch piping since its a bigger engine. and since the 1.6 is so small, you lose a lot of back pressure going with 2.25.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
welcome!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea im new here too and am looking for stuff to do to my car. what are some little not super expensive things that i can do to get some more power out of this car. i know im going to get some new spark plugs and wires so does anyone have any suggestions as to which ones to get and price?

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
the AEM cai has been dynoed at the best hp increase so far...asfar as spark plugs and wires....stick with the factory ngk plugs and get either nissan or ngk plug wires.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Katana200sx the AEM cai has been dynoed at the best hp increase so far...asfar as spa

why keep the same factory spark plugs though?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your looking for power just cut to the chase and save up for a turbo kit, or get a sr20det. Hell the 2.5" exhaust you got is already perfeect for it.. There is nothing like driving your se-r the first time after adding about 80-100 pony's under the hood.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
word...im down...i have thought about that alot i want an sr20det so much! any idea how much that could cost me for my 200sx including installation?...also most det engines are rear wheel drive so i would really habe to look around for a frotn wheel drive one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts