Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup I'm new here and also to Nissan ownership. This is my first "import". I purchased this car for 3900 here recently. I want to make sure I got a good price haha. It is a 1996 200sx SE-R it's an automatic with custom wheels, has 95000 miles, cd player, black, low profile tires. What are some of the good things about these cars? Where can I get a Cold Air Intake without costing me an arm and a leg? Basically just introducing myself to the board and saying wassup.

Justin
 

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
what's up Justin :D

welcome to the wonderful world of NISSAN :)
I would say that you got a very good deal (I wish I had an se-R)
good CAI's for the 200 are place racing and injen, but I don't know how much you want to spend ?
Welcome again :)
 

·
Former SuperMod
Joined
·
745 Posts
Hey Justin, greetings! :)

Just as the princess said, a CAI will cost roughly $200. Place Racing and Hotshot both make good quality parts, I don't know anything abou the Injen intake personally, and AEM has recently developed a system... it is a little more money but the word is it has produced a couple more hp/tq on the dyno. If you are starting out, I would suggest buying a CAI first, as long as you don't live in an area prone to flooding. ;)

If you have any other questions, just browse this BB with the SEARCH command. Anything not answered there, feel free to post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Welcome.......
I got my intake for $40 brand new off ebay. But be careful about ebay, alot of people sell crap. I got the HKS super mega flow intake, I like it, sounds good and adds a little HP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
BTW, I bought my 96 200 se-r for $7000, it had 91k miles, its a 5 speed though, youre might gonna regret getting an automatic. I know i would, but thats just me.
 

·
Paging Mr. Herman
Joined
·
1,042 Posts
I got my intake for $40 brand new off ebay. But be careful about ebay, alot of people sell crap. I got the HKS super mega flow intake, I like it, sounds good and adds a little HP.
Damn....lucky lucky lucky. I had to buy mine at full price.

Regarding prices, you are looking at ~$200 for a CAI. Couple of websites you may want to check out: option auto , nopi ,
 

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
Joined
·
6,079 Posts
Koncept_SE-R said:
It is a 1996 200sx SE-R it's an automatic with custom wheels, has 95000 miles, cd player, black, low profile tires.

Justin

hmm... did n-e-one else catch this?

i dont think SE-R came in automatic .. i could be wrong.
 

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
Joined
·
6,079 Posts
Koncept_SE-R said:
Hey wassup I'm new here and also to Nissan ownership. This is my first "import". I purchased this car for 3900 here recently. I want to make sure I got a good price haha. It is a 1996 200sx SE-R it's an automatic with custom wheels, has 95000 miles, cd player, black, low profile tires. What are some of the good things about these cars? Where can I get a Cold Air Intake without costing me an arm and a leg? Basically just introducing myself to the board and saying wassup.

Justin

if u have n-e-questions or need any gear let me know i be glad 2 help you.
 

·
Former SuperMod
Joined
·
745 Posts
Re: Re: New User and have some Questions

LIUSPEED said:
i dont think SE-R came in automatic .. i could be wrong.
Yeah, they came in automatics alright. :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top