Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE, and i replaced my old tranny with one from a 99 sentra. I have noticed that the car has more lowe end torque and more mid-range power. However, i have also noticed that my top end power (the little kick i used to have) is GONE!!!!!!

I was wondering if this is due to the tranny being newly installed, or they did a bad job installing it, or i got used to driving our v6 camry and my sentra was always this weak (i doubt this one)

My other Q is that the tranny looks a little bit different than my old one, is there any difference in the transmissions from the 98 to 99?

Thanx

BTW-i took it on the freeway today, and i couldnt go above 90!!!! with the old tranny ive been to 110.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
What exactly do you mean you couldnt go over 90?? i understand your velocity was not over 90 but like what exactly happened? It might be a crappy install. I dont think there is any difference in the two trannys but i think you may have a problem with the installation or the tranny itself.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what i meant is that the car could not go over 90 mph, i had my foot on the floor, and the car stayed at 90, it would not go any faster. The motor did not seem like it was giving it all the juice it had, it almost felt like it was pushing at 80% instead of 100%

sidenote for Teknokid: Dude i was checkin out your site and u got a tight car. Im surprised that i havent seen you around. I live in Walnut, like 3 minutes from Mt. Sac. I will be moving to my dorm room at UCI tho in Sept, Im a freshman too. What high school did u go to?

·
1.6 Turbo Power
718 Posts
Shadi said:

sidenote for Teknokid: Dude i was checkin out your site and u got a tight car. Im surprised that i havent seen you around. I live in Walnut, like 3 minutes from Mt. Sac. I will be moving to my dorm room at UCI tho in Sept, Im a freshman too. What high school did u go to?

UCI? i think you might see me around now, i always go to irvine cause my friends live there. and i always play pool at Zot Zone.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coo, i always pass by Zot Zone, but i have never played there, are u a student or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts