Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i used to be a truck fanatic but i been getting a real headache lately so i decided to switch. Living in south florida people either have a civic or an integra so i decided to either go with the s13 or a cb7.... i was talking to a biased friend and he was saying an s13 is dirt slow unless you go boost and going boost as your daily driver and put alot of stress on the motor... So i was asking because i like the look of the s13 better, is there any engine swap i can do to put speed into the car without going boost???

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,253 Posts
The most cost effective mod you can make to the S13 is turbo the KA motor or install an SR20DET. Run the setup at 7 psi max boost and it'll last a long time.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
I agree... NA is too expensive to get little result... With the amount of money you put into a 240sx to go NA and get 200hp it would have been cheaper to get a SR... Adding boost is a stressful to a motor... If and only if A) the motor was not meant to have boost from the factory B) you are trying to put ungodly amounts of boost on any engine not built to handle it... CAs, SRs, KAs, and RB series motors were meant to handle and take the stress of boost in moderation. I would go KADE-T any day or RB if I had the money. Dont talk to anyone about fast, who races family sedan... You're a truck guy.. You should know that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts