Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the se r two months ago and I'm debating what to do with it and how much I'm willing to spend. I'm planning to do a AEM CAI and then probably a cat-back exhaust or just get a different muffler. Since I'm kinda new to this, I'm not really sure how much those things range from cuz I don't wanna get ripped. I think the AEM CAI is about $230 from doing some research. So I'm curious, how much have u all been paying for ur mods.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the websites man. found one for just over $200. here's another thing, i heard it's recommended u get a bypass valve for the CAI to protect it from water. i saw the part and now i'm wondering, if it stops it from going to the engine, where does all that water go? is there a drain or sumthin?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AEM doesn't have a bypass for the SER or at least that is what they told me a month ago. They also said it isn't likely to get water unless you drive into deep water or hit fairly deep water going real fast. I have also heard where the bypass reduces your horsepower increase as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
black se r said:
thanks for the websites man. found one for just over $200. here's another thing, i heard it's recommended u get a bypass valve for the CAI to protect it from water. i saw the part and now i'm wondering, if it stops it from going to the engine, where does all that water go? is there a drain or sumthin?
The bypass valve isn't available for the ser because of space restrictions. The way it works though, if the pressure drops in the cai, the sensor picks that up and shuts off air intake from the cold air section. It then takes air in from the bypass valve. So the water really doesn't go anywhere.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bypass valve isn't available for the se r? hmm...i found a website where if u buy the AEM CAI from them, they throw in a bypass valve. where did u get ur info from?

·
Registered
369 Posts
black se r said:
the bypass valve isn't available for the se r? hmm...i found a website where if u buy the AEM CAI from them, they throw in a bypass valve. where did u get ur info from?
the bypass valve is not for use with the spec v because the maf is in the way. Also the bypass valve only works when the filter is totaly submerged which is not likely to happen unless you drive through a foot or more of water.;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
black se r said:
I got my info directly from aem. When I ordered my intake they told me it wasn't available and when I got the directions for installing it, it said the bypass valve isn't available because of space restricitions and the maf sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts