Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'll say hi to everyone!
Now, I recently got a 95 altima gxe 4 door sedan with 225,885kms on it.. the motor is running a bit rough, but I want to turbo this car, as I love the way it drives. Now other than the obvious, like cams and pistons, what am I going to have to replace engine/tranny/fuel sytem wise?
Suspension wise i was looking into redoing the bushings, and getting a TEIN coilover kit. Any more suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
youre really gonna need to research, but the nice and short answer is - how much power you looking to get?
with that many miles, a rebuild is gonna be mandatory or at least start with a lower mileage engine and upgrade as needed.
the stock pistons are good for no more than 300-350, no matter what anyone tells you, you will blow ring lands after about 12lbs of boost.
you will need to supplement the fuel system with a fuel pump, injectors, adjustable regulator, possibly a fuel rail depending on your choice of injectors. maf sensor, computer, rods and pistons. im running stock bottom end with 740cc injectors, cobra maf, walbro 255 pump, aeromotive afpr and its all controlled by a jwt ecu.
be ready to spend money, its a neverending maintenance nightmare although i can tell you right now that i have about 15k miles on my setup at 11lbs daily and it doesnt so much as burp. it was well worth it, but its a lot of work to be sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
youre really gonna need to research, but the nice and short answer is - how much power you looking to get?
with that many miles, a rebuild is gonna be mandatory or at least start with a lower mileage engine and upgrade as needed.
the stock pistons are good for no more than 300-350, no matter what anyone tells you, you will blow ring lands after about 12lbs of boost.
you will need to supplement the fuel system with a fuel pump, injectors, adjustable regulator, possibly a fuel rail depending on your choice of injectors. maf sensor, computer, rods and pistons. im running stock bottom end with 740cc injectors, cobra maf, walbro 255 pump, aeromotive afpr and its all controlled by a jwt ecu.
be ready to spend money, its a neverending maintenance nightmare although i can tell you right now that i have about 15k miles on my setup at 11lbs daily and it doesnt so much as burp. it was well worth it, but its a lot of work to be sure.
Could you possibly, point me in the right direction as to where to pick up performance parts for my alty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok this is probably going to make me look REALLY stupid, but on a turbo is it possible to still use cold air intake? I know a bigger throttlebody and new intake would help..

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
no need for a cold air with a turbo. youre force feeding air thru the system no matter what with a turbo. the intercooler will cool most of the charge down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts