Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i bought my wife a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 with the Vq30 engine, its got a little bit of a Valve tick and was wondering just how common this is? I'm Gonna Put Some Lucas Oil Stabilizer and see if that helps.

Names Jake By The Way, nice to meet everyone

·
3,553 Posts
That's a VG30, and ticking lifters is a fairly common complaint. Are you sure it's not an exhaust manifold leak? Very common problem. Also, if you got an automatic, get a new external trans fluid cooler and put it on right away. The stock trans cooler clogs up over time and is well-known for killing automatics, which are EXPENSIVE to rebuild or replace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It possibly could be an exhaust leak, and Luckly Mine's 5spd manual so don't gotta worry about that. How hard are the Exhaust Gaskets to change on the Truck, havn't really looked too hard into it.. and ya lol i seem to always get vq and vg mixed up thanks for the correction....

·
3,553 Posts
They're a real pain. The studs like to break on them. Watch out for that.

The 5-speed also has an issue: they put the fill plug on the side too low. The trans needs 5.1 liters of fluid total for a refill, not 3.8 or whatever it says in the manual. Use GL-4 only, synthetic works great. The lack of fluid causes the trans to eat synchroes and eventually the bearings can fail as well. One way to put the extra fluid in is to jack it up to one side, another is to pull the shifter off and pour it in from the top.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats Nice to know!!! Probably need to flush the Tranny soon just to make sure Nice Clean Fluids in there, Also Noticed today that my Anti-Lock light is on:eek:, come on after about 20' of driving and stays on. Turn the Truck off and its off, but another 20' and its on again. Common Problems with Anti Lock Light? Owners Manual said nothing except the Trucks only got Rear Wheel ABS Thanks Again Guys, i'll Post Up SOme Pics of my Truck here

·
3,553 Posts
Looks good! The ABS sensor is on the rear diff at the pinion, check the wiring and see if it's OK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks!!!

Also anyone know of a Good Place for After Market Parts for the Pathfinders? like Push Bars, and Side Bars?

This Place Rocks!!! :woowoo::fluffy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts