Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
whats up guys. I'm new to this site and nissan in general. I have devoted my young years into honda. I know honda engines like the back of my hand. Now I want to learn about nissan engines. I recently bought an nx 2000. I have
already encountered some problems. I have added jwt s3 cams and unorthadox pulleys for more power. I have set the timing to it's limit and my problem is, engine seems to be backfiring and turns off when coming to a complete stop and when parked. Can somebody help me with this problem.

Thanx
Ldaz

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
hehe, welcome to the life of owning a classic :thumbup:

you will find nearly everything you need here www.se-r.net go to "problems" then "Surge and hesitation" this should clear up alot.

welcome to the forum :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think thats the problem. When I got the car, I made sure I fixed all problems known to 91-93 nx engine to run good. That included cleaning the egr system. It was running good till I add the JWT S3 CAMS and UNORTHADOX PULLEYS. It seems to stall at normal idle, turn off coming to a stop and jerk will driving. I appreciate the link you gave me but that is not the problem. has anybody had this problem before.

Thanx
Ldaz :waving:

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
ldaz said:
I don't think thats the problem. When I got the car, I made sure I fixed all problems known to 91-93 nx engine to run good. That included cleaning the egr system. It was running good till I add the JWT S3 CAMS and UNORTHADOX PULLEYS. It seems to stall at normal idle, turn off coming to a stop and jerk will driving. I appreciate the link you gave me but that is not the problem. has anybody had this problem before.

Thanx
Ldaz :waving:
sounds like a fuel problem but i dunno for sure. have you changed fuel filter and all that good stuff?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sunnydet90 said:
sounds like a fuel problem but i dunno for sure. have you changed fuel filter and all that good stuff?

I replaced the fuel filter when i got the car.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
no offense to nissanforums.com BUT the sr20 forum is where u should be asking, most those guys know the sr20de inside and out

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
ldaz said:
hey,
whats up guys. I'm new to this site and nissan in general. I have devoted my young years into honda. I know honda engines like the back of my hand. Now I want to learn about nissan engines. I recently bought an nx 2000. I have
already encountered some problems. I have added jwt s3 cams and unorthadox pulleys for more power. I have set the timing to it's limit and my problem is, engine seems to be backfiring and turns off when coming to a complete stop and when parked. Can somebody help me with this problem.

Thanx
Ldaz
One common problem when installing cams is to have the chain skip a link on either a cam sprocket or the crank sprocket. This will make the car run badly. Check your Factory Service Manual for the marks on the chain and how they should align on the cam sprockets. Then pull the valve cover to determine if this is the cause.

Lew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lshadoff said:
One common problem when installing cams is to have the chain skip a link on either a cam sprocket or the crank sprocket. This will make the car run badly. Check your Factory Service Manual for the marks on the chain and how they should align on the cam sprockets. Then pull the valve cover to determine if this is the cause.

Lew
When Installing the cams, I checked it about 10 times to make sure i didn't skip a tooth. It is to manual specs. I am getting ready to start buying all new parts again.(alt,ign coil,fuel filter plugs,wires, cap and rotor maybe fuel pump.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
are you running your stock ecu? I have been told by many people that own jwt cams that you won't get a good idle in an na car without having a ecu that is tuned for those cams. but I would also suggest going to sr20 forum. thats where i got most of my information on my turbo install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts