Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bose stereo is only playing out of the rear driverside, and it sounds really distorted. I tried to replace the head unit with a sony cd, and it still did the same thing. tried a different speaker too, If anyone can help, it would be very helpful to me. :cheers: thanks.

·
mmmmmm SQ
749 Posts
yank the entire system and start over. You cant put a new head unit in because the speakers have built in amps, and they are shit anyway. Most likely the speakers are blown, and you will need new ones anyway. Instead of being bent over with no lube by the dealer for a new stereo, you can have a good one for under 1000 dollars

·
Atheist Libertarian
669 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ I second that.

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
biggest downside to the factory bose system is the factory amps
you'll have to run all new wiring to each speaker. my opinion? get a set of nice 6.5" components (CDT CL61 comes to mind), a decent headunit (Eclipse 3424, or 3434...or i have an Alpine CDA-9805 for sale, $100 shipped), and a mid-grade amp to power the components (nearly anything reputable that'll do ~ 120-150x2 RMS stereo)

you'll spend around $650 or so, and be amazed at how well it sounds. add another $350 or so for a single 10 or 12 in a small sealed box, and an amp to run it, and you'll have a complete system for right around a grand.

best part about doing the front stage first, its still fairly cheap...weightsavings so to say lol...you're removing more gear than you're putting in....its an easy install...and you might be happy with the way it sounds without a sub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reroute the wires

I know its been over a month since anything has been said, but i can tell you what i ended up doing.

There is 4 wires that go to the amp 2 fat and 2 skinny. The fat ones are for power to the amp and the two skinny wires are for the speakers. I used butt connectors and cannected speaker wire to the two skinny wires and ran them to two new infinity 6x8's (they dont fit properly, but i got a deal on them from a friend). I did this for the rear first then the front. It is the same except for the fact there are about 12 screws the take the box apart in the door to reroute the wires there. But the front speakers still were good, and they sound a hell of a lot better then the infinitys.. Anyway thats what i did and i spent about $50.00's to do it.. I already owned the cd player..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts