Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ah, okay ..so thi swhole past weekend a couple buddies of mine, had to put a whole new timing chain kit onto my car..well .. we got it all done.. about 6 hours of work.. with a few lil minor "forget tos" ..connecting wires and shit and what not..but ... once we got it all back together finally, the car still wouldnt run..because the timing chain is not set right on the car. Its supposed to be at an exact location when you put a new one on, well, we looked at the nissan manual, and they gave us nothing.. "set the two black chains, blah blah blah."... made no sense... so i was just wondering, if anyone knew, where exactly the new timing chain is supposed to be set at when replacing it, cuz now we have to take the whole thing apart again and do it over.lol.. and want it to be right this time..thanks so much for any help anyone can give... see ya.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
hmm, did you line up the little grooves? im fairly sure theres a mark you have to line up.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah check the manual just given or also might wanna check your timing w/ a light. Is it the chain you mean lining up or the crankshaft or the spockets or what exactly do you mean? I don't think the chain has to be lined up, just put in place properly in the approciate grooves. 6 hrs is really good to get that all done, most take 8 -9

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
little240boy said:
yeah check the manual just given or also might wanna check your timing w/ a light. Is it the chain you mean lining up or the crankshaft or the spockets or what exactly do you mean? I don't think the chain has to be lined up, just put in place properly in the approciate grooves. 6 hrs is really good to get that all done, most take 8 -9
the manual i linked to shows where the sprokets have to be lined up, and the chain has to go on a certain direction for wear purposes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, thank you soooooooo much for all of yourguys help..its greatly appreciated..i'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts