Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I posted this on here on not, but last summer, I got my system stolen, and I'm about ready to get another one. I had two sony p5 10's (i know), a sony 2 channel amp (i know) and an obcon box. The theives left all of the wiring, so all I need is a box, amp, and subs.

Now, i'm more of an SQ guy and dont really care about SPL, but i do want to be able to hear it, ya know.

anything in the range of 500-800 is cool, and i could always raise the range if need be.

so, basically i need help in deciding on what subs to get (brand, model, size, and number of), what amp, and what box, or should i try to make my own box. im not a real good handy man, but i wouldnt mind trying if it isnt toooo hard...

thanks for all of the help...

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
XXX 12 and a hifonics brutus 1500d or eD nine.1 and build your own box, should end up right around $7-800.

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the xxx is resonant engineering right?

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, if i run the nine.1 and the xxx, would i have to run 0 gauge wiring?

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i was thinking, if i bought that sub and amp, it would be running at like 1000 watts. i dont think my car can handle that. my lights n stuff dimmed and my revs dropped with my old shitty setup. and ive already been through 3 alternators, one of which went out when i didnt even have my setup.

so, either something is really wrong with my electrical system...or my car just cant handle an audio system...

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
you'll only be drawing as much current as you're actually using...and by that I mean, it doesn't matter how much power the amp is capable of, if you don't turn it up and actually USE that power then the current draw will be comparable to some smaller setup. The XXX and nine.1 has the ability to blow most other systems away if you turn it up, but at low volume, comparable to what those other systems would be capable of, it won't be drawing any more current than those other systems, you just have the ability to turn it higher if you want (and if you do, it will draw more current). This extra sub and amp ability is called headroom, and it's a very good thing for both reliability and sound quality, even if you never actually use that ability.

If you did the nine.1 alone you could probably get away with 4awg, but if you have any other amp in your system (since you're going for SQ I'm assuming you will) then yes you will want 1/0. You would also want to upgrade the magic 3 with 4awg or larger, which should help with that dimming problem you had before. As for the 3 alternators....it sounds like something might be wrong with the electrical system, either that or you just keep buying cheap alternators that don't last.

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there a certain type of wire that i should use to upgrade the magic 3 and the wire to the amp?

right now i have 8 awg wiring...

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i never did get the new sub and amp because i had to get a new tranny, left axle, left wheel bearings (both front and rear) and a clutch...

plus i was thinking about upgrading my deck, door and rear deck speakers first.

first question about the deck. i wanna get a pioneer, because i just love the way they look and sound. but right now i have a old jvc deck and i was wondering if the harness for the jvc would work for the pioneer, or would i have to rewire

also what are some good full range 6.5's? i really dont want a component system either cause i would have to drill holes in my doors most likely...

thanks for the help

·
Registered
34 Posts
McLaren F1 2003 said:
I'm not sure if I posted this on here on not, but last summer, I got my system stolen, and I'm about ready to get another one. I had two sony p5 10's (i know), a sony 2 channel amp (i know) and an obcon box. The theives left all of the wiring, so all I need is a box, amp, and subs.

Now, i'm more of an SQ guy and dont really care about SPL, but i do want to be able to hear it, ya know.

anything in the range of 500-800 is cool, and i could always raise the range if need be.

so, basically i need help in deciding on what subs to get (brand, model, size, and number of), what amp, and what box, or should i try to make my own box. im not a real good handy man, but i wouldnt mind trying if it isnt toooo hard...

thanks for all of the help...
i know this is completely pointless, but were they that desperate for a system that they would have to choose yours over anyone elses...hmm a car with a sony setup wouldnt exactly be my first choice to jack ;) lol sry had to rub it in a little more. but having something i guess is better than nothing at all :)

as far as the harness for the JVC, basically your harness for your car is the only thing you have to worry about, for me, when i did mine i had to cut off the second clip and wire everything myself...if your talking about the harness that plugs directly into the HU and just dont wana rewire it, i doubt it will fit, in most cases thats why the HU comes with its own wire harness

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
well it's not like the thieves would actually steal it to listen to it, and Sony has a high resale because of all the little kiddies that think it's the best there is, so it's actually a good choice to steal. That said, all thieves need to die a slow, incredibly painful burning death, and then they can go to hell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You really think the theif thought of all that? From my experience Thieves that steal car sterios are typicaly not the smartest group of people in the world. If it looks cool, they want it!

·
Constantly Bored
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so does anyone have any say on what pioneer deck and 6.5's i should get?

yeah, it sucks that they stole my system, but im just glad that they didnt take my car to do it...

·
Registered
34 Posts
well it all depends on what you want (talking about the speakers) i love infinity. they give a nice clean, crisp sound.... the Infinity Reference 6002i's are really good, nice 6.5 speakers..heres an ebay link

http://electronics.listings.ebay.co...finity_W0QQsacatZ58025QQsocmdZListingItemList

i think the infinity reference series tend to be the best speaker set up IMO ive heard alot of other brands (ie pioneer,Polk,sony[which tend to suck no matter what way u look at them] etc.) they are all very good speakers but i just dont see them touching the infinitys...and if you get them from the right place there not too expensive.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
The infinity reference are alright, and since they're so cheap they're decent for the money. There are a lot of better speakers out there though (and a lot that are MUCH better) if you're willing to spend more than $100 for a set.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts