Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the Altima 3.5 project car and I was just curious if any knew a projected date for when either turbos or a supercharger might be available.

Thanks

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
We're getting started with the smaller stuff for now (intake, exhaust, pulleys) and will build up from there. The stock exhaust and intake leave a lot to be desired in terms of performance on the Altima. After these areas for power have been explored we'll start doing some research on superchargers or nitrous.

There's certainly room for a turbo in the engine bay! All we can say for now is be patient, our project Altima is going to be bad ass!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These things are relatively high CR correct? Don't remember for sure but 9.8:1 or so it seems like... While a turbo kit would be killer, I think nitrous would probably be a safer alternative, with a higher CR. But then, a good intercooled kit would probably be 'ok' with good gas (ie not california gas). Seems like I've heard a little rumors about a supercharged version of a 350z. I'd like to see the aftermarket really pick these 3.5s up. I've owned MANY Mustangs and other performance vehicles, and I'll say for sure that this 02 3.5 SE auto with every option really has impressed me. It went [email protected] or 77 in the 1/8th last weekend, and I know it had more in it. Time for some bolt-ons.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Slurppie said:
From what a little bird told me, Vortech has a S/C that will fit somewhat. The problem is the plumbing fitting into the already cramped bay.
I think the bigger issue will be cracking the ECU for the fuel and engine management. We'll figure out a way to shoehorn one in there if we can get around the ECU :D

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Slurppie said:
From what a little bird told me, Vortech has a S/C that will fit somewhat. The problem is the plumbing fitting into the already cramped bay.
Turbo would fit easily. Take a look at the battery location.... perfect!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frank02L said:
These things are relatively high CR correct? Don't remember for sure but 9.8:1 or so it seems like... While a turbo kit would be killer, I think nitrous would probably be a safer alternative, with a higher CR. But then, a good intercooled kit would probably be 'ok' with good gas (ie not california gas). Seems like I've heard a little rumors about a supercharged version of a 350z. I'd like to see the aftermarket really pick these 3.5s up. I've owned MANY Mustangs and other performance vehicles, and I'll say for sure that this 02 3.5 SE auto with every option really has impressed me. It went [email protected] or 77 in the 1/8th last weekend, and I know it had more in it. Time for some bolt-ons.
I've read somewhere that, if a turbo is running less than 6psi, it didn't need to be intercooled? Correct me if i'm wrong ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts