Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put AGX struts and shocks with new stock springs on my 1998 200sx se-r without messing up the suspension geometry? I don't want to lower the car, but want to upgrade the suspension.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
zcar75 said:
Can I put AGX struts and shocks with new stock springs on my 1998 200sx se-r without messing up the suspension geometry? I don't want to lower the car, but want to upgrade the suspension.
Yes. The AGX are adjustable to match any spring.

You will have to experiment to find the best settings. I had to go through this when I installed the D2 suspension on my car. Here is what I did:

1 - Set the shocks at a low setting.

2 - Drive on the expressway over a section of road that has regular undulations (I used an overpass).

3 - If the damping is too weak, the car will bounce up and down. Make a note of whether it is the front, back or both.

3 - Pull over and set the damping one step higher.

4 - Go to 2 and repeat until it feels right to you.

Keep the front settings the same and the back settings the same. You will probably end up with different settings front and back.

Lew

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
I think I used "1" front and "2" on the stock springs. A really great improvement in chassis control though ride does suffer somewhat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts