Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right everyone, here's the question. I have been comtemplating getting rid of the speed governor in my car, I've been looking around and I'm thinkin' I'm just gonna cut the yellow wire w/ green stripe coming out of the computer. But my problem is, even if I cut this, I have no idea how fast I'm going after 110mph.

Is there anywhere that I can buy a speedometer that reads higher than 110mph, or can I source one out of a different Nissan of any kind. Any help would be appreciated, also where does the rev limiter kick in, I've never hit it yet and don't plan on hitting it in the future, just wondering where it kicks in at so I can avoid it at all costs...thanks

P.S. this is for the 1991 LE, not the 1993 SE (if there's a difference in the speedos at all)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any idea?

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
240luvr said:
All right everyone, here's the question. I have been comtemplating getting rid of the speed governor in my car, I've been looking around and I'm thinkin' I'm just gonna cut the yellow wire w/ green stripe coming out of the computer. But my problem is, even if I cut this, I have no idea how fast I'm going after 110mph.

Is there anywhere that I can buy a speedometer that reads higher than 110mph, or can I source one out of a different Nissan of any kind. Any help would be appreciated, also where does the rev limiter kick in, I've never hit it yet and don't plan on hitting it in the future, just wondering where it kicks in at so I can avoid it at all costs...thanks

P.S. this is for the 1991 LE, not the 1993 SE (if there's a difference in the speedos at all)
Thanks again!
I'm sure you could put any Generic Speedometer in the car, you might want to look into a digital one, probally be easier to setup. As long as the wire's are spliced properly shouldn't be a problem.
Also, I am just assuming this from other Car's i've worked on.
Other than that, I can see why you want to see how fast you are going, but what does it matter? If you get stopped by the cops past 110M/PH you are still going to lose your License! :hal:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I'm going to lose my license if I get caught going that fast (and to be honest w/ you I really don't go that fast very often, it's just cuirosity), but I never know how fast I'm going, lets just hope that curiosty doesn't kill this cat you know?

·
Registered
18 Posts
240luvr said:
I know I'm going to lose my license if I get caught going that fast (and to be honest w/ you I really don't go that fast very often, it's just cuirosity), but I never know how fast I'm going, lets just hope that curiosty doesn't kill this cat you know?
the uk s13 speedometer goes round to 150mph and the rev counter goes round to 7000 before it is in the red try www.ebay.co.uk to get one, i am not sure about how difficult it would be to fit to a 240 i hope this helps :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
a digital speedo?? even if i did get one installed how hard is it to find the cluster kit for it. also is there a digital cluster for an RB powered 240sx? and #3 is how hard is it to find a RHD dash board and kit for a 240sx?

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
The_guy_in_grey said:
a digital speedo?? even if i did get one installed how hard is it to find the cluster kit for it. also is there a digital cluster for an RB powered 240sx? and #3 is how hard is it to find a RHD dash board and kit for a 240sx?
Just look for a Japanese 180SX or Silvia front clip for the conversion, depending on what you want the car to look like, with out the engine they probally go pretty cheap!

·
Registered
66 Posts
another bit of useful info. on my 91 240, i had to disable the 4th and 5th gear signals. they are located right next to the speed sensor wire on the harness. to check and see if you need to, put the car in 5th gear, leave the clutch down (at a stop) and rev the engine. if it bounces at 4500 or so, you need to kill those sensors as well. let me know and i'll tell you which pins/colors they are. i don't have the info in front of me. peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts