Nissan Forum banner

Interested? If so how much would you spend?

• Interested, willing to spend $350-550range.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Interested, not sure how much I'd spend though.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Interested, only in a group buy though.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Not Interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a poll to gauge the interest for a full stainless steel cat-back exhaust system for the QR25DE equipped cars. I'm working with a company that is very interested in tapping into our market. This would be a great chance to prove we will buy products.

This is a full mandrel bent 2.5 inch 304 stainless steel cat back exhaust system. The muffler and resonator are straight thru perforated design. The exhaust provides a deep tone that does not drone. Dyno results will be shown soon!

What would you be willing to pay?

Competitions Prices:
VRS 2.5" Cat-back @ $420.00 (STAINLESS)
VRS 2.5" Cat-back @ $320.00 (ALUMINIZED)
Stromung 2.5" Cat-back @ $500-600+

If your interested and would be willing to possibly purchase one, participate in this poll, PLEASE!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would like to see it. I hope it comes with a big resonator the qr25 equiped cars can make alot of unwanted noise especially if they have a after market header installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a stock SER w/auto (wife doesn't drive stick so please don't laugh at me too much) and I am interested in CIA, Headers and the cat-back. I however need to recover from the down payment and increased monthy payment before I can buy anything aftermarket. 1st quarter of next year I'll be in the market for a cat back. Hope this helps your poll.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been holding out for some of the big name companies such as Greddy or HKS to come out with an exhaust system. But if another company can prove it's worthy, I'd be glad to buy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
KSipmann said:
Why do you want to hold out for GReddy or HKS? [/QU0OTE]

I have more faith in companies like greddy and hks becaue they are better known. I've heard their exhaust systems on cars and am pleased with the way they sound. Companies like hotshot and stromung I am not familiar with and have not heard their exhaust systems, so I dont want to spend the money on them. I don't want an exhaust system that sounds obnoxious. Stromung may sound nice, but I wouldn't know that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
SilverSpec175 said:
KSipmann said:
Why do you want to hold out for GReddy or HKS? [/QU0OTE]

I have more faith in companies like greddy and hks becaue they are better known. I've heard their exhaust systems on cars and am pleased with the way they sound. Companies like hotshot and stromung I am not familiar with and have not heard their exhaust systems, so I dont want to spend the money on them. I don't want an exhaust system that sounds obnoxious. Stromung may sound nice, but I wouldn't know that.
you don't know about hotshot. have you been living under a rock or is this your first nissan. Hotshot is known through out the nissan community for making high quality parts that make big gains. As for stromung their build quality is some of the best you will find also being a small company they are interested in your comments and concerns unlike bigger companys who could care less about the consumer. Also I believe stromung was the first company to offer a exhaust for b15 chassis cars.:D not trying to flame but you should read NPM and you will see what I am telling you is true

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm well aware of the reputation of both hotshot and stromung. However the fact still remains that I have not heard the sound created by either one of their exhaust systems. Thats what it all comes down to. If the exhaust system doesn't sound good, I don't want it. After I go to a few car shows and hear the results for myself, I can make a decision then.

B

·
0 Posts
stromung costs so much money...if theirs had the pricing of the vrs, i'd be more incline to get it. for now, i just might settle for a stillen muffler and perhaps get 2.25 in piping for it. but i agree wit silverspec, i want to hear what they sound like also cuz i don't want too much noise. just enuf to know a difference and to maximize the use of a cai.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too am looking to purchase a catback for my 02 SE-R (stick). So far though I have to say I am prob going to go with the Stromung and I contacted them and they are able to make for me a single tip for me instead of the double (if anyone is interested). I have heard nothing but good things abot the stromung.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Black se-r...I will be paying 559.00 and they will pay half the shipping from CA. If you are interested pm me and maybe we can get some kind of deal...who knows :)

B

·
0 Posts
$559? wow...even tho i want a stromung exhaust, that's quite a bit of money. i expect it but i just might have to wait on it cuz i don't really felt like dropping $600 bucks right now. holiday shopping and birthdays coming don't help at all. also i still gotta pay off my aem cai i just got. so tempting tho!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.