Nissan Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

· G14 CLASSIFIED!!!!
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Sean, Your the sh!t!!!!!

Thanks for posting those, I cant keep or upload pics from the work computor so I was kinda stuck...

As for the 2 tone I am doing something a Little (EURO/RETRO), Huh what the hell am I talking about?

· Oh, Herro!
3,414 Posts
NismoXR said:
Samo, how did u do the front license plate relocation mod?
Two metal brackets. Drill into the bumper, mount the brackets, attach the plate, and you're done. You can probably get brackets that will work at Home Depot or Lowes or something.

· G14 CLASSIFIED!!!!
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Skirts are in the classifieds....

I am selling those Because they dont sit low enough. I have a set of OMEGA'S that are going on there that should meat up with front just fine....

· Registered
75 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Niss200SXGTR
man.. i went yesterday to try and find some red circle tail lights, and i found some that are used on trailor hitches, and i was thinking.. hmm yea, that'll work im sure, BUT, there is a red and black wire, yet it used 1197 bulbs, dual filiment.... i dont understand exactly whats goin on.. see i want to use the "running brake light" and "brake light" and that is 1197, BUT, when there is only 1 power wire.. isnt that kinda strange... I was goign to start them yesterday, by takeing the center lense off, and making a negative mold.. using syranwrap and wrap the lense, then fiberglass it, then ill have a negative mold.. then ill make like.. some bondo. or more fiberglass, and try to make a copy of the tail's.. then carve out circles for the tails... thats about it.. lol

1197 is a SINGLE filiment bulb that has a positive and a negative contact INSTEAD of the base of the bulb bein negative as most are. theyre used in applications where contact could be a problem such as submersible trailers, shift lights ect. the DUAL filiment bulb i believe your thinkin about is a 1157 , which would have the same two contacts as the 1197, but uses the bayonet(base) as a ground, also note that the 1157 nodes ( nipples, on the sides of the base) are different heights, this is so when u put them in the correct holder (1157), they wont go in but a certain way (although some have forced them for not knowing any better) which in a tailight would cause the parking light to be brighter than the brake light. the 1197 the nodes are directly across from each other. i need to start postin pics of all this stuff im doin ..... lol o and scorchin awesome work man !! really looks good, however the round amber lites with the chrome rings under the bumper more towards the center, they need to go they SCREAM kenworth (jus an opinion) but all in all awesome, and i do mean awesome work . i applaude you

· SE Limited
843 Posts
i wanted to say a couple of things to you guys about this.. first the skyline performance rules.. but the looks i dont think is cool in the front at all.. but thats just my opinion i wanted to state.. and 2, did you just take two front bumper covers and place them one upside down to the other.. ? or is that a aftermarket bumper cover? cuase i thought about keeping my extra 99 bumper cover and not selling it and using it for front looks.. and 3, the skyline back looks cool.. but. what are you doin about backup lights.. ?

101 - 111 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.