Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its funny that SCC refers says that if you remember this car, you have been around for a long time. I am one of those NISSAN GEEKS! I remember when they did the first article on the 91 SE-R, I have the issue! Anyhow, read the article, its good to know that in 5 years, the parts will be gone most likely! They make a comment on available tires for 16". they say its very hard to find 16" tires anymore. I agree. Rims are hard to find also that look good for 16" they are th minority. I remember when I first bought my Borbet 16" 6 spokes. A very nice rim in 1994. Non-existant now.

Check out the bracing they do. Years ago, Grimmer phillips made a tie brace that attached to the engine and strut bars. This brace is custom, but very do-able. cheap metal pieces and a custom heim bearing end pieces on alluminum bars. We need someone to make a kit for these, or maybe SCC would do a side-bar of the materials and dimensions they did for it.
Chris 92 classic

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
sunnysentra said:
Check out the bracing they do. Years ago, Grimmer phillips made a tie brace that attached to the engine and strut bars. This brace is custom, but very do-able. cheap metal pieces and a custom heim bearing end pieces on alluminum bars. We need someone to make a kit for these, or maybe SCC would do a side-bar of the materials and dimensions they did for it.
Chris 92 classic

so its like a torque strut. thats cool i always wonderd if anyone made it for b13's i see the SR silvias have them.

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
sunnysentra said:
Its funny that SCC refers says that if you remember this car, you have been around for a long time. I am one of those NISSAN GEEKS! I remember when they did the first article on the 91 SE-R, I have the issue! Anyhow, read the article, its good to know that in 5 years, the parts will be gone most likely! They make a comment on available tires for 16". they say its very hard to find 16" tires anymore. I agree. Rims are hard to find also that look good for 16" they are th minority. I remember when I first bought my Borbet 16" 6 spokes. A very nice rim in 1994. Non-existant now.

Chris 92 classic
It was not Grimmer Phillips. It was Stillen. It used to tie the the dogbone. I had 2 Grimmer Phillips STB's. I know. :thumbup:
Check out old pics:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts