Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I currently just got a 91 240SX coupe to be my next project car build up. I would like to transform this car for road course racing but still streetable.

My questions for the first two stages of the car.

1. ENGINE: I want to swap to a SR20DET but don't know where I could get one here in SoCal and a good shop to install it.

How much should I expect to pay for a good engine and installation.

2. SUSPENSION: What's the best shock and spring combo set up available?

I would love to get coilovers but they are just to pricey.

Thanks!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
For the engine info in So Cal, I would post up in the Regional section. For an SR20DET you should expect to pay @ $2800 - 3200.

The "best" would all be preference. However I would recomend getting a set of KYB AGX struts with some ground control springs. I plan on getting this combo if I dont get coilovers in the future.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Teins are a favourite of many.
Although coilovers are great, I think you cant go past a high quality set of matched springs and adjustable damper shocks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you can try jspec or phase2motortrend for the engine and for the spring/shock id recommend kyb agx and tanabe gf210 springs. i have this combo and am very happy with it. kind of a poor mans version of their sustec pro s-s type II. good luck with the project, keep us posted :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts