Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hot shot have DONE lost their minds. I don't see that working out for a Nissan. I wouldn't buy it.. It's a Header/Manifold? I think they would make more mone if they made it for Hondas. Unless it really give more HP in some way.. Can't wait to see that on something.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
Hot shot have DONE lost their minds. I don't see that working out for a Nissan. I wouldn't buy it.. It's a Header/Manifold? I think they would make more mone if they made it for Hondas. Unless it really give more HP in some way.. Can't wait to see that on something.
Of COURSE it is going to make more power, and spool faster as well over a conventional log manifold. I'll take mine right now please.

It is a Tri-Y pulse converter design, which really boosts turbine and volumetric efficiency. You would be a fool not to think this is good. It is proably good for 30-40 hp at the save boost level over a log manifold.

The only posible issue is long term cracking which should be addressable with material choice , bracingand gusseting.

Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just scrached my head when i seen it. I would LOVE to see it in a car and on a Dyno. Well, I guess well will have to wait for that day. but if it do show great Power gain and it look like it would be the new "Bang for your Buck" Item I would give it a spin. PROOF first. :D

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
I just scrached my head when i seen it. I would LOVE to see it in a car and on a Dyno. Well, I guess well will have to wait for that day. but if it do show great Power gain and it look like it would be the new "Bang for your Buck" Item I would give it a spin. PROOF first. :D
Maybe not bang for the buck, but a big ass improvemnt over the log!;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, I will give it a chance but tell me the Con's on this? Being that it's spitting out air mush faster wouldn't your car be louder? will it pass emissions?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
Well, I will give it a chance but tell me the Con's on this? Being that it's spitting out air mush faster wouldn't your car be louder? will it pass emissions?
Being upstream of the turbo, it probably own't affect noise. As far as being smog legal, no SE-R turbo kit has a CARB approval and hence legal in all states. It probably reduces cat light off time over a log manifold, but if you get your cat good and hot and everything is in good shape, it might pass the test part of the smog test. Some states don't have visual but california, NY, AZ and a bunch of others do.

The only real drawback is that a tubular manifold could crack under long term use compared to a thick wall log manifold made of weld-el. Using stainless, at least 304, proper design and bracing can mitigate this.

Hopefuly this answers your questions.

Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes it do. But if there is something that can give me 40+ more HP AFTER a Turbo (Besides NOS) i MORE then welcome it.. lol
Good Luck to Hotshot.. If the need a test car let me knoe :D

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
Yes it do. But if there is something that can give me 40+ more HP AFTER a Turbo (Besides NOS) i MORE then welcome it.. lol
Good Luck to Hotshot.. If the need a test car let me knoe :D
What kind of system do you have now?

Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
O that i know... LOL I mean 40+ after I finish my Turbo Project. off the Topic. How do you upload pictures to "Freeserver.com?" I'm lost

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
O that i know... LOL I mean 40+ after I finish my Turbo Project. off the Topic. How do you upload pictures to "Freeserver.com?" I'm lost
You might want to e-mail scott ashly under forum leaders, I am a computer dumbass, I am just a super moderator because I know a lot about tech stuff on cars!

Mike:(

·
Registered
102 Posts
LOL thanx.. Maybe you can help me and my friend. Tomorrow he is dropping in his GTI-R engine but he need the wiring diagram.. Can you help?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
LOL thanx.. Maybe you can help me and my friend. Tomorrow he is dropping in his GTI-R engine but he need the wiring diagram.. Can you help?
I don't have the straight up diagram, but it is pretty straight foward, almost plug and play. It's been 3 years since I did it so I forgot the little details. It was easy to figure out though.

Good luck!

Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanx, I will post the Pitures tomorrow. You an check my car out Under members rides... bak to topic lol... Will they come out with that Tri header thing?

·
You get what you pay for.
156 Posts
That is a nice looking turbo kit, the header is nice, but it gives me the jidders. Notice how it is welded down the middle basically cutting the pipes and forming them to make a 4 into one or in this case two into one type collector, that is nice and all but has a tendency to crack. If I remember correctly when I was na the HOTSHOTs header I use to have cracked in that exact same location. As long as the weight of the turbo is supported by a nice brace, and the downpipe has significant clearance from bottoming out, not too much stress will be put on the manifold giving it a good chance of survival. But all and all it looks like a nice possibly affordable kit. I give it a thumbs up!!! :cool: :D

C

·
0 Posts
The Hotshot manifold is made from 321 Stainless. Most tubular turbo manifolds are made from 304. 321 is much more crack resistant than any stainless alloy. It is also a lot more expensive, so Hotshot so be given a lot of credit for taking this type of step.

Your Hotshot header than cracked was made from mild steel. 321 is much more exotic.

Rob

·
You get what you pay for.
156 Posts
Rob, I am aware of what 321 stainless steel is, it contains a higher nickel content then 304, it's not that much more expensive, 304 ubends go for about 24-26, 321 go for about 36, no big deal. Matter of fact the header going on my car is made from 321 aswell, I was considering inconel but im not that bling bling. 321 is aircraft grade stainless steel, it has amazing heat properties, but depending on how it is welded it can still crack :) And what I see in that photo can potentially be a problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts