Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tried some quick searches and nothing helped so here goes... When I'm shifting 1st and 2nd are kind of hard to shift into, and 3rd makes a clunk or popping sound. Now something sounds like a springy sound at the shifter when I shift into higher gears, if that makes any sense, and its starting to feel loose. Ugh just had it in for the front seal, now this... I imagine this will not be cheap. :(

·
Tune it
504 Posts
Check you shift linkage on the tranny. Also pull your you shift boot and middle console piece and take a look at the shifter ball area. There is a rubber boot on the middle of the shifter and two plastic pieces inside that. The plastic pieces are held together by two rings. If the come loose they make a funny sound like you said and shifting is a little bitchy. Good Luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
u may be low on gear oil. The lack of gear oil makes shifting harder :thumbup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea had the gear oil replaced, and it didn't help.. its going back in on monday, so hopefully I will get some answers, will let ya know, thanks :).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugh well got the car back, nothing wrong with motor mounts, tranny mount,linkage or bushings, he said he adjusted the clutch the best he could, but he did that last time, and it did not help... Only thing I can think of would be synchros??? Then I guess a tranny drop is the only thing else.....damn it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts