Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Im planning on gettin some new plug wires for my car.........and i need to now which ones are the best.........i though about the nology's......but i've also heard that magnecore are just fine....any advice is good......thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
- - STOCK STOCK STOCK STOCK STOCK - -

The best wires for a normally aspirated SR20 not pushing over 250HP or more are the STOCK OEM Nissan wires.

Don't waste your money on any others. Not worth it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Stock nissan wires work great, but so do my Magnecors and they look so much better. Bottom line if you want a little more flash under your hood i suggest the magnecor kv-85 8.5mm wires, if you don't care about looks then stick with the nissan wires. Both perform great imo... :D

·
B13 Owner since 90
134 Posts
OEM NISSAN Sparkplug wires or NGK Blue wires (been on car since 98 and still good)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wish i could get some ngk wires. i called ngk today and they said that they only have up to a 99. they also said that the 99 wires will not fit. anyone know if accel comes in another color besides black or yellow?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
What do some of these wires cost? I want to do a tune up soon and the standard issue Bosch wires at AutoZone are freaking like $70. I know that plug wires aren't really going to do that much, because you really have to upgrade the entire ignition system to do any good, and unless you're running crazy HP and bigger injectors, an upgraded igniton has little to offer you, but If I have to spend $70 on goddamn wires then I want what's best for close to that price.

·
Registered
195 Posts
plug wire cost

From http://www.courtesyparts.com

Spark Plug Wire Set
22450-890392
SR20DE(2.0 liter)
from 08/90 through 03/92
60,000 miles
$46.49

Spark Plug Wire Set
22450-0492
SR20DE(2.0 liter)
from 04/92+
60,000 miles
$46.49

Have to add shipping of course.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
nology wires are the worst that money could buy. Stick with stock and do a real upgrade on something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts