Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
High pressure and hot water are bad news for paint. especially new paint. If you are going to wash it you need to use something very soft like a cotton wash cloth that is very very clean. Nothing abrasive. And there basically is not getting rid of the swirlies. Thats from using the palm sanders to sand down to the metal. Its in the metal not just the paint. Buffing might help some but wait until the paint is cured just in case.. The compound and conditioner used for buffing is usually very abrasive and is also used for removing railroad dust, dirt, etc from the paint. Also check for any overspray in the paint. It will feel really rough. Its hard to see so just run your hand over it after washing it. If that happens get a clay bar kit. The'yre like 10 bucks. It'll have instructions on what to do. That will remove any overspray and dust, dirt and all that crap from the paint. Sometimes detail shops forget to check for that. As for drying techniques, no matter what the paint's age, just drive down the road for a while. The wind will take care of most of it. Whatever it doesnt take care of, use a terry cloth. By the way, nice car. Beautiful color. Peace.

· Registered
24 Posts
Good to hear everything is going well. I think that wing would look good on a b13 too. But it looks right at home where it is. Keep us posted on how the paint looks and if you have anymore questions just ask. I love paint and body. And I love giving advice about it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I was a bodyman for 4 years. My first job was also detailing. Its more of a hobby now. I drive trucks for a living and it pays more than bodywork. Once I start getting old and crusty, Ill quit driving trucks and open up a bodyshop and performance shop. That won't happen for another 50 years though. I do still do a couple of odd jobs here and there if its worth the money. But I got stiffed a lot on pay from bodywork, thats why I don't work for anyone anymore. People in this town are scam artists. I plan on opening a shop where people get what they pay for, where I wont stiff anyone, and help out their needs as well, and I want to make sure all my employees get paid for what they work. Bodywork is a pain in the ass. But here I am. Still livin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.