Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· World Rally Blue Sentra
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search on here and even googled and didn't find much...

all i know is its recommended not to wax for 4-6 weeks because the paint has to "cure". i've read on the internet its even recommended not to wax for 3 months. true?

is it okay to take it to the touchless car wash with the high pressure water? i dont want my paint to flake off if its too strong heh.

i've always hated the swirlies i try avoid but still happens. now i can start fresh. how do i not cause swirlies? is it from the drying? (use clean 100% terry cloth).

should i keep it garaged for a while? my drive way has 7 cars and my sentra has been out the whole winter before the paint job and it'll be hard to convince my parents that my car should get garaged instead of their acura =(.

drying techniques? i use the water blade and towel the spots, still safe on new paint right?

thanks for the help guys, im quite pleased with the results and the new color.

371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hah yea i did search and i specifically was looking for new paint care. that site has nothing about new paint, but thanks for the resource as it has good articles about keeping the car clean :)

371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
b14sleeper said:
do not use a water blade, they are not meant for your car, only your car windows, i tried that on my sisters car, and she now has a hood full of scratches.
hmm i noticed i have scratches already and i did use the blade i dont know if thats where it came from... sad tho :(

371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks everybody for your suggestions... i washed my car three times so far... light pressure from the hose and bought a new terry cloth mitt, use turtle wax gold series car wash soap. cant wait to wax the sucker in july :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.