Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search on here and even googled and didn't find much...

all i know is its recommended not to wax for 4-6 weeks because the paint has to "cure". i've read on the internet its even recommended not to wax for 3 months. true?

is it okay to take it to the touchless car wash with the high pressure water? i dont want my paint to flake off if its too strong heh.

i've always hated the swirlies i try avoid but still happens. now i can start fresh. how do i not cause swirlies? is it from the drying? (use clean 100% terry cloth).

should i keep it garaged for a while? my drive way has 7 cars and my sentra has been out the whole winter before the paint job and it'll be hard to convince my parents that my car should get garaged instead of their acura =(.

drying techniques? i use the water blade and towel the spots, still safe on new paint right?

thanks for the help guys, im quite pleased with the results and the new color.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hah yea i did search and i specifically was looking for new paint care. that site has nothing about new paint, but thanks for the resource as it has good articles about keeping the car clean :)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
also, i would hose your car off every now and again with the "shower" setting on the nozzel. dont use high pressure but enough to take some dirt off. and yes get a car cover! they sell universal covers at pep boys. it dosent need to be a $300 protects all like a bulit proof vest. just enough to keep the rain and sun off.

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
do not use a water blade, they are not meant for your car, only your car windows, i tried that on my sisters car, and she now has a hood full of scratches.

·
Registered
204 Posts
bII said:
If you're parking outside, get a car cover like StormShield, that should protect your paint. I hear 3 months all the time, I figure better safe than sorry.
Heh, they'll jack that shit. Else I would have put one on my car.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
b14sleeper said:
do not use a water blade, they are not meant for your car, only your car windows, i tried that on my sisters car, and she now has a hood full of scratches.
hmm i noticed i have scratches already and i did use the blade i dont know if thats where it came from... sad tho :(

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
jlee1469 said:
hmm i noticed i have scratches already and i did use the blade i dont know if thats where it came from... sad tho :(
any scratches the blade made could be buffed out easy with some meguires "scratch-x" but not for a little wile still (clear coat takes a good coubple months to really really get heard) but go to target and buy either a mr.clean "spotless car washer" or some "diaper clothes". i only use the filter fuction of the mr.clean car wash, i hate the soap. wash your car like normal (with any soap yo choose) then hose it all off, then use the misting filterd water all over your car and let it air dry and you wont have any spots, i promise.

p.s. can any one see this? idk yet if you can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
High pressure and hot water are bad news for paint. especially new paint. If you are going to wash it you need to use something very soft like a cotton wash cloth that is very very clean. Nothing abrasive. And there basically is not getting rid of the swirlies. Thats from using the palm sanders to sand down to the metal. Its in the metal not just the paint. Buffing might help some but wait until the paint is cured just in case.. The compound and conditioner used for buffing is usually very abrasive and is also used for removing railroad dust, dirt, etc from the paint. Also check for any overspray in the paint. It will feel really rough. Its hard to see so just run your hand over it after washing it. If that happens get a clay bar kit. The'yre like 10 bucks. It'll have instructions on what to do. That will remove any overspray and dust, dirt and all that crap from the paint. Sometimes detail shops forget to check for that. As for drying techniques, no matter what the paint's age, just drive down the road for a while. The wind will take care of most of it. Whatever it doesnt take care of, use a terry cloth. By the way, nice car. Beautiful color. Peace.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
that looks absolutely beautiful, and i'm flattered that someone is referring a thread of mine as advice.

i'm getting emotional :thumbup: :D

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont. not on a b13, keep the classics rice free.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks everybody for your suggestions... i washed my car three times so far... light pressure from the hose and bought a new terry cloth mitt, use turtle wax gold series car wash soap. cant wait to wax the sucker in july :)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
you know, i just realized. you should have removed the black vinyl inbetween the side windows and painted that as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts