Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is wil I'm new here. so I have a few questions and I searched back to about page ten and could not find anything on them so I thought I would ask.

1. My truck has no tach, I dont like huge aftermarket ones I found a few hardbodys at the local u pull it yard here and I'm wondering what one if any will just plug and go. There is two 88' 4x4 v-6's one with the tach the gauge cluster looks the same style as mine and square like mine. the other one is off a 94' 4x4 4cly but it looks different like more rounded. which one will work or any will work? will they just plug in and work?

2. I have a two wheel drive and I'm exploring the prerunner option the back end will be easy to fab up stuff for but the front for lift i'm not sure about. Will the 4x4 control arms work in a 2wd? if so what would I have to change.

3. Where do I find a wiring diagram for the stereo? I found a few but they are not the same as my wires I only have a am/fm/tape but it only has the two front speakers so a total of 8 wires on my plug in for the stereo its odd.

thanks for anyhelp or direct me to a link on here i couldnt find.

Wil

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
it would be best to find a 4cyl truck with a tach with the same dash. the newer dash wont work. most trucks have connections already there (easier on the assm line).

not sure if the 4wd UCA will work, lifts on the frt end are done by cranking the torsion bars. there are aftermarket kits for this for alignment purposes.

check with Radio Shack or even Wally World for a direct connection wire harness to the factory connection for aftermarket radios, like $10, saves alot of headaches. if you replace the speakers, I would run new wires for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts