Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On friday the 9th of August I will be going to pick up my new NX. And to be perfectly honest I don't know anything at all about these cars! I know it's a cute little car, and it runs really nice. I also want to know if everyone feels that I am getting a decent price of it, not being over charged. I have until firday of course to back out! It's a 1991 with 92,000 5-speed black, with a/c, only rust on on the door pillars of all places??? Getting the car for $2300. THOUGHTS????? and ANY info on the car and where to start with it. Please realize I have a Mustang GT, I'm looking for style items, not so much speed, but that would be ok too.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, if you are going just for style, then the NX might not be the best bet for you. Unfotunatly the NX never got a big aftermarket crowd in the looks dept. Over in Europe and Australia there are body kits and other aero products. In the US there are very few, luckily it share the same motor as the Sentra so performance parts can be gotten. They are very nice cars, especially with t-tops;) . You will enjoy the car but be prepared to do lots of searching for body products and things like that.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
for performance. i say for now join a group buy of stomung full cat back and the UR pulleys..

style.. nx1600 iono .. i doubt they have many8

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mustang is a 1990 GT with the 5-speed. Not alot do to it right now as far as engine mods, most of it has been put into the drivetrain and suspension. Was hoping to find a good car for "winter' while I take the Mustang apart and start doing some mods. But my "winter' car might end up being my stereo car not just winter car.

Oh I just found out that the NX that I'm supposed to pick up this weekend has a Salvage title on it, yet she's not willing to come down on price. SO I might have to let this one slide and look for another Nissan.

I used to have an 84 200sx that I just absoultely loved except for winter driving. That was when they were still rear wheel drive cars. So even thought I'm not into Nissan mods, I really love the cars for daily driving. (my other favorite is Honda)

Thanks again everyone!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should find a NX2000 or even a 91-94 sentra ser, you might even give up your dreams of the mustang. Those cars have been able to get into the 14's with just a few simple bolt ons and a very good driver.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting!?? I did not know that about the Sentra's. Actually was really considering giving up my mustang for an Eclispe GSX, and start to make that into a racer, but I was told they get very costly.

But to be perfectly honest I'm not really sure I like the styling of a Sentra.

AS far as the NX2000. I just found one, and I'm talking with the guy now on price. So far all I know is that the engine was replaced with an infinity engine???? Is this a good thing or bad??? And any questions that I should ask the guy!???

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
I guess it would be out of a G20. It shared the SR20DE with the SE-R and NX2000. I'm not a car genius but i wouldnt think it would be a real big deal. Same motor, different tranny (i dont think you could get the G20 with a 5spd.)but the automatic may be the same as in the NX. But like i said, when it comes to some things about cars i dont know an asshole from an elbow.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it is a 5-speed car, so who knows where it came from. I'll have to ask the guy if he knows the doner car?? But the Sentra motors are Inifinty motors????

And don't worry I know alot about american cars, because we had a body shop for years and I have 2 GM show cars. But when it comes to the imports, other then recogizing the difference between an Nissan and a Toyota is easy but getting into mods, I am dumb!!!!! How fitting I'm blonde too!!

Thanks!!

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
nissan and infinity are the same compant. the sr20 in the g20, se-r, and nx2000 are all the same with interchangeable (sp?) trannys. anyway, anything sr20 will haul ass with just a few mods! :D

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it sounds like I'm making the better choice by letting the NX1600 go to another buyer, and getting the NX2000. Let a lone the fact that the NX1600 has a salvage title and the NX2000 has a clean title. It sounds like the NX2000 is a whole lot better car(engine) then the other one.

You know I'm glad that I registered for this forum. You all have been very helpful so far. Now when I finally get the car, if the guy likes my price. :( What kind of easy mod can I start with!?? Please take note, that I live in a small town where I am already disliked buy the police for my Mustang, loud ear piercing exhaust is not an option!!! Been there with the mustang not going there again!

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i'd start with plugs/wires/general tune up (unless it doesn't need it) then get an intake, and a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust, you don't have to get a loud exhaust to reep the benefits of a performance exhaust, just get some sort of straight through muffler, KEEP YOUR CAT, no reason to polute, and a good resonator. oh yeah, the easiest thing is advancing your timing, and its free! headers are good for some extra ponies as well.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BAD NEWS!!!!

My price I offered on the car isn't enough. I won't be getting this particular car. But I still want to look for one, so if anyone knows of anyone selling an NX2000 let me know. I'll still keep an eye out by me, but if anyone hears of anything let me know.

[email protected] is my contact email!!

I really think this car would be great, so now I'm hooked on getting one. But I must confess I did see a Nissan Maxima today in my right price range. Now I'll have to go back and look at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts