Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searching NAPAONLINE for spark plugs, i came across a plat plug for use in the GA16. its not the same as the SR20 plugs, which i heard was fine for the GA. the plat plug they had listed was about 8.50 a plug. a few bucks cheaper then the SR20's. anyone know if these are as good or better for the GA then the SR20's plats?? Napa's listed model number is NGK 5182

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
plat plug never heard of that number in my store we have 7090 as ngk stock number should run you about 5 or so and iridium plug number is 5464 and they are about $10 or so each piece go ask napa if ther are giving you the rigth info:)

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasn't at the store, i found it at www.napaonline.com using 93 sentra 1.6 as the veichle, of course. then i searched using the 2.0 and got completely different numbes for the plats. not to mention they were cheaper.

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
try the numbers i gave you i looked them up im my stores catalogue not to mention i have the car lol:D

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
man ill be more then glad to sell you the rigth plugs and mail them to you

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got this number from the nissan dealership for the ga plat plugs. but they don't carry this plug, BKR5RGP

i tried to get him to look up the SR plat plugs(to get a price) but aparently he ddn't want to or didn't get the hint. even though i said " i know the SER plugs will work can you look them up for me?" cause he said "Those are the plat plugs for your car. but we don't carry them" he was a little numb. i think he was a mopar boy. sold at the same dealership, only one parts desk.

this number that he gave appears to be the stock plug number that is not plat. unless the added GP means something.

so back to my question, is this a new friggen plug, or just does nobody ever talk about this one?

GA16 so called plat plug. Vs SR20 Plat plug. which one is better. thats what i want to know!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm running NGK plugs BKR6E-11, one step colder than stock. I do 90% freeway driving and have my timing advanced so these plugs work great for me. Plus they cost about $10 a set, so i replace them every 12k miles...:) BTW the 1.6 performs better with copper NGK's vs. the platinums at least on my car...:D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i want to know if what plugs are the best overall.. for street , city race etc etc etc.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The stock NGK plugs BKR5E-11 is just fine for city driving and all around use. But if you have a few bolt-ons and your timing is advanced going to a colder plug helps performance and prevents detonation, pinging etc. If you like to drive your sentra hard "who doesn't" lol and rev to redline often, colder plugs are the way to go imo. Works for me...:)

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
where can i get them ngk plugs.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Any of your local auto parts stores that carry NGK plugs should have them in stock, or be able to order them. I get mine from my local Advance Auto parts store...:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
do you guys know the part # for the ngk iridium? I want a colder than stock plug. and do you guys know where to get these plugs?

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
the part number for them is 6962 I think, I just switched to them yesterday b/c Im running nitrous. I never actually tohught about the whole mods thing which Ive got a bunch of. Ive only had them in there for last night basically, but they seem to be doing better, verses the bkr5e's that fouled out every two weeks-lol( Im j/k, it was more like two months) while were on the subject- who knows what wires are good for our cars? Vitek and nology makes them- does anyone know the ohm resistance of them verses stock?anyone use an msd on their car?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts