Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I recently got a 2006 Nissan Quest. I'm on a mission to find a great source of information on it, and this seems like a pretty decent forum, so I joined. However, I notice there isn't a board for the Quest (or perhaps I'm blind, but I did scroll through twice)

I have LOTS of questions. Let's just say... There's a reason it only cost me $47. Lol

About 12 or so years ago I did an entire engine swap on a 1986 Honda Civic. All alone. And switched it from carburated to fuel injected. I joined a forum that was very helpful. I loved that car when I was finished.

These days, I have 2 little kids, and this van is awesome. The kids love it. They're always wanting to take the van everywhere instead of our truck. Problem is that I need to replace the engine (as well as fix some other things). So while I do have basic knowledge going into this... And I have merged wiring harnesses, etc... A 1986 is very very different than a 2006 lol馃槀. I'm really hoping this is the place to come for help 馃槵馃榿

Nissan Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum. I forgot about the Quest as you do not see them frequently, but they did have a bit of future vibe to them back in the day so I think they probably age well in terms of the interior.
I figure the factory service manual should be useful for you. This site lets you download the sections for free. I notice 2006 seems to be missing a few sections, but you should be able to find them in one of the 2004 to 2009 ones as its the same generation. Maybe you just need to fix the engine rather than replace it. Good luck with your project

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, you can't really "fix" a rod knock. In addition, upon start up, you can hear all the bearings across the top roll loudly. It quiets down once it's started, but there is no mistaking the knock, and there's fine slivers of metal in the oil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts