Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just got a 2013 Nissan Rogue SL for my daughter so I thought I'd join the forum in case I am in need of help as I'll be doing much of the maintenance. I have one question right off the bat. The car only came with one key fob so while I have searched the web, I didn't know if there was a recommended source for more. Is the dealer the best? Looks like I would need to go there to get the fob programmed.

Thank you,
Steve
Fishers, IN, USA

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,375 Posts
The dealer should have given you two FOBs. I've gone through two Altimas and the dealers always gave me two FOBs. Go back to your dealer to ask for a second FOB which you should get free of charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if that would be applicable since we didn't buy the 2013 Rogue from a Nissan dealer. I will though, have the car there this Monday to have an outstanding recall fixed so I can inquiry there. I will also reach out to the selling dealership. Thank!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,375 Posts
Hopefully the selling dealer has the second FOB for your car. If not, it may be cheaper for you to buy a FOB from Amazon or Ebay rather then a Nissan dealer; if you do so, the FOB needs to be programmed and the blank key cut to match your existing key; a Nissan dealer or an expert locksmith can do that.

Compare prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts