Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

New to the forum, bought a 1999 Nissan Sentra 160. Its fuel injected. Its a beaut...Runs great, picked it up with 150k on the clock, its the 16v twincam.

Okay well the owner told me it would need a lil bit of work, and i have noticed a few problems, i listed them below.

1. The cars idling speed and irregular, and sometimes when i floor it it almost feels like the car gets held back for 1/10 th of a second and then goes....(guessing its the timing+plugs)
Ps i put a simota cone filter induction kit on, seems to do the idiling problem less than it did but still does it.

2. When i brake softly it feels strange because it like jerks, im guessing i need new brakes???

3. Abit of ICE advice! Is it possible to some how make 6x9s fit in the back?

Regards Guys

JW:eek:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
H

1. The cars idling speed and irregular, and sometimes when i floor it it almost feels like the car gets held back for 1/10 th of a second and then goes....(guessing its the timing+plugs)
Ps i put a simota cone filter induction kit on, seems to do the idiling problem less than it did but still does it.

2. When i brake softly it feels strange because it like jerks, im guessing i need new brakes???

3. Abit of ICE advice! Is it possible to some how make 6x9s fit in the back

JW:eek:
1. giving it a tune up would be a good idea anyway. Did you get any records?
Idle problems check the IACV and clean it.
Search on the forum here and you will find lots of threads, pictures etc.

2. rotors sound like they are warped. you can get them turned / re-surfaced if they have enough metal left.
Check pads for wear and decide what to do.
If you can measure the thickness with a micrometer or caliper compare to minimum thickness spec. Since you are measuring to the top of the ridges rather than the bottoms, allow extra for turning, say 0.010 - 0.020 off.
If you need new rotors anyway you can buy them and the pads and do the job yourself.
Download the Factory service manual.

·
Registered
505 Posts
1. giving it a tune up would be a good idea anyway. Did you get any records?
Idle problems check the IACV and clean it.
Search on the forum here and you will find lots of threads, pictures etc.

2. rotors sound like they are warped. you can get them turned / re-surfaced if they have enough metal left.
Check pads for wear and decide what to do.
If you can measure the thickness with a micrometer or caliper compare to minimum thickness spec. Since you are measuring to the top of the ridges rather than the bottoms, allow extra for turning, say 0.010 - 0.020 off.
If you need new rotors anyway you can buy them and the pads and do the job yourself.
Download the Factory service manual.

Exactly. If the car shakes while braking, you'll need new pads and rotors. They're pretty cheap at advance. Get new plugs, wirings, cap, rotor. See how she runs after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes the 6x9s fit in the back i fit 2 dbdrive ones but u have to make the hole bigger and also need spacers cause the trunk will hit the magnet when its open or closed:S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts