Nissan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

· Think outside "The Box"
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I had a ball piston engine come into a dream I had. First time I heard of someone experimenting with it, other than me. Wow, the only thing I have left to invent is a CO(2) + atm air to H2O engine.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
510Mods said:
I had a ball piston engine come into a dream I had. First time I heard of someone experimenting with it, other than me. Wow, the only thing I have left to invent is a CO(2) + atm air to H2O engine.
That would be quite interesting since Neither CO2 nor air has the hydrogen necessary to create H2O.

Lew

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thats probably one reason why its not invented yet :)

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Air is mainly composed basically of nitrogen, oxygen, and water vapor.

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
2H2O + 4e- = 2H2 + O2.
Now, the $64 question is -- what's a CHEAP to build, CHEAP to operate source of electrons to disassociate that water that will fit under your hood or in your garage and can make sufficient hydrogen in a reasonable time to power your vehicle for a reasonalbe distance?

When's Mr. Fusion getting here???

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Could use a Ruby Laser in a sealed chamber. Then when the atoms hit a substrate they are drawn into another combustion chamber. Almost like if you were to use a plasma cutter to heat a material, collect the products air and fumes, then use them for another process.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Covalent bonds are easier to break than chemical bonds. All we need to develope is the "flux capacitor".

· Registered
2,490 Posts
510Mods said:
Covalent bonds are easier to break than chemical bonds. All we need to develope is the "flux capacitor".
The chemical bonds between atoms in organic compounds are covalent bonds. The chemical bonds between hydrogen and oxygen in water are covalent bonds. The chemical bonds between carbon and oxygen in CO2 are covalent bonds.

The other type of chemical bonds are ionic bonds in salts.

You have entered an area I know a great deal about. I have a Ph.D. in Chemistry.

Lew

· Registered
114 Posts
510Mods said:
Could use a Ruby Laser in a sealed chamber. Then when the atoms hit a substrate they are drawn into another combustion chamber. Almost like if you were to use a plasma cutter to heat a material, collect the products air and fumes, then use them for another process.
Umm, so how exactly is this engine going to make more power than the whatever-you-use-to-dissociate-water device consumes? Considering you're talking about breaking the bonds and then reforming them, I don't see where the energy release will be.

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
lshadoff said:
You have entered an area I know a great deal about. I have a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
Go get him, Dr. Lew. Shoot, I'm only an expert on the Internet. Okay, so I've got some 20 years working in chemical plants...

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Well you can invent the wheel first, but it doesn't make it automatically a car. It has to be developed. Its like you guys are being paid to shit on ideas. Relax alittle, stand up off the stick :)

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
510Mods said:
Its like you guys are being paid to shit on ideas.
Nope, we're just your reality check. If a statement is in error, somebody will catch it. Make a supposition, someone will find information to support or refute it. With so much outright crap on the Internet, it is imperative that errata be corrected posthaste.
Then again, you run into situations like Beta vs VHS.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thats right. There would be no yin without the yang, no marco without the polo. Balance in a system. I try to keep my ideas I post up to what I know, but sometimes things can be miss-informed. I have learned alot from these posts. I want to make my own pop-rocks.

· bitter old man
1,547 Posts
510Mods said:
I want to make my own pop-rocks.
Pour one tablespoon of Rice Crispies into mouth. Immediately chase with one swig of your favorite carbonated beverage.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
yumm, will krispies and coke work?

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
This is in reply to all those who doubted my words earlier in this post. I finally found my link to the 1999 Suzuki 1300GSXR Hayabusa that literally tore up the Dynojet and nearly kicked the motorcycle off the tester in fear that it will break it. It isn't a full street bike, and makes 700hp from the little 1.3L. That was one article, I had another one that was more streetable and made about the same hp. http://www.amaprostar.com/press_releases/valdosta 2005/djhorsepower.asp

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.