Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· High times
639 Posts
Your more or less explaining how a jet engine works with water injection to cool/and add moisture the mixture for proper burning of the fuel....... If your going to have power to ANY kind of axle that provides power to wheels you'll need a crankshaft of some sort.... Um Kay Forrest....... ;)

· High times
639 Posts
But you'll need to get to 88 mph before it would work and have 1 jigggaa watt.... hahahaha ;)

· High times
639 Posts
Here's an Opposed free-piston engine

and it's parts

· High times
639 Posts
510Mods said:
Thats truly not a "free piston engine" The pistons should not be connected by any-means to anything. And there is no drive shaft. A free piston motor is like 4 two stroke motors cradling 2 pistons. 1 chamber on each side of piston. Then in the very middle is and exhaust port with a special manifold chamber. But a true free-piston engine has only 2 moving parts. And also has 2 ignition sources, glow plugs for running and spark plugs to initial start. Which the starting is done by feeding it air pressure.
So if there's no drive shaft(you said no crankshaft) then it's of no use to us propel a vehicle????

· High times
639 Posts
the one I posted above drive the propeller of a boat...

· High times
639 Posts
I understand the concept... but the ones i've seen looks like it just sits there and hahaha sucks and blows air with absolutely no purpose unless it puts out enough force to propel and object that it is attached to.. I.E.(jet propulsion)

· High times
639 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.