Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Think outside "The Box"
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about modifying the pistons and making them oval.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With round pistons, there is no extra force for the air to be sucked/forced into the motor, besides turbo/supercharging. With an oval piston, the force of the crank will use a larger surface area to seal the chamber. The pistons are more efficient to draw the air/fuel mix into the motor, like a straw. Thats all a motor is right, an air compressor with an internal power source??? The motor would be longer but skinny, so it could fit a datsun 300z with ease. What till you hear about my crankless motor and turbine injection. By the way, oval pistons were actually used in racing motorcycle engines.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have this book "Building The Tesla Turbine", and combine theories for: crankless engine: "The engine is unusual. A piston slides in a casing between two combustion chambers. It vents in the center, and the exhaust gas is combined with water to produce steam, which adds to the thrust. This modified engine uses these fuels: acetylene, butane, nitromethane, propane, two-stroke oil (for lubrication), and filtered water (for doubling the thrust). " Really trippy stuff.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not all true, but close. They classify it as Turbine cause its a reaction of fluid. The free piston engine developes 200hp and the whole thing weighs 42lbs. Here's a few specs.

A turbine blade or impeller does not necessarily have to be metallic. It could be steel, wood, or plastic. In the case of this free-piston engine,the spinning impeller is gaseous, when the powerful gas exhaust reaches the special nozzle, it creates a vortex causing its gases to spin at high speed, which is similar to a modern turbine impeller. Its high-powered thrust is achieved because of the vortex phenomenon of spinning gases.

Dwntyme said:
Your more or less explaining how a jet engine works with water injection to cool/and add moisture the mixture for proper burning of the fuel....... If your going to have power to ANY kind of axle that provides power to wheels you'll need a crankshaft of some sort.... Um Kay Forrest....... ;)

Attachments

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also the water is not really needed. But when added to the "exhaust" it increases thrust efficiency, not combustion.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you could use a post-reactive core amplifier. then we would have to manage a force field to hold the stray neutrino ions.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Devolope an "engine" that runs off CO2 and CO waste, while creating water itself.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thats what I was looking for, thanks.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ever try spitting in the air and catching it?

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Which theory are you referring to, cause they all are true. Tesla Turbine, free-piston engine, and cam-less motors. Just like everything we do, it can be done if the materials are better and technology could catch up to them. But something with these piston motors is going to change pretty soon, and I'm not talking about electric motors. You'll see soon, I will post my experiments up and soon to have patents.

myoung said:
Nissan is a company, they have stock holders, it's a business that can only survive by producing dependable vehicles.

There really isn't much long term data proving this is viable for mass production vehicles... Honda gave up on it pretty quickly and If I'm correct it was never tried in a passenger vehicle, just a couple motorcycles

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
LOL, very true. Its all about staying in the "norm", thats why they waited this long for hybrids. They had the technology for nearly 50 years, same with the tubine powered Chrysler car. It was there, but they never improved it much for mass production. There are soo many factors, government has everything. Makes me upset sometimes. Well nobody would look at it if I said "New Dodge Motor", hehe.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thats truly not a "free piston engine" The pistons should not be connected by any-means to anything. And there is no drive shaft. A free piston motor is like 4 two stroke motors cradling 2 pistons. 1 chamber on each side of piston. Then in the very middle is and exhaust port with a special manifold chamber. But a true free-piston engine has only 2 moving parts. And also has 2 ignition sources, glow plugs for running and spark plugs to initial start. Which the starting is done by feeding it air pressure.

Dwntyme said:
Here's an Opposed free-piston engine

and it's parts

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes, the original free piston engine is considered a "turbine" because of the great thrust produced by the vortex exhaust. You can pick up the plans for it for $60 and make it yourself. Its very simple and has end-less possibilities. The original did power a go-cart and pushed it to 150mph in a less than 10 seconds. The motor weighed 42lbs.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The turbine engine that we are used to seeing does have compressor blades. I have made my own jet engine before and still use it, you have the intake compressor, combustion chamber, and exhaust blades.

The "true" free-piston (exactly what its name says) does not have a shaft, nor any rotating blades. Just the two sealed chamber pistons. I thought I posted up a picture of it? The water injection increases the velocity of the exhaust force, which in itself is like a "BOOST".

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That one you posted is a great idea also with the shaft. Reminds me of Wankel engine alittle bit and a 2 stroke. But I did post up a short explaination on what the free-piston (not piston free) engine is, and how it uses thrust to propel. This is a small definition of what the difference between a normal turbine and this engine. Here's the only reason why they call it a "turbine" motor.

"A turbine blade or impeller does not necessarily have to be metallic. It could be steel, wood, or plastic. In the case of this free-piston engine,the spinning impeller is gaseous, when the powerful gas exhaust reaches the special nozzle, it creates a vortex causing its gases to spin at high speed, which is similar to a modern turbine impeller. Its high-powered thrust is achieved because of the vortex phenomenon of spinning gases."

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I love the idea of Stirling engines. Thats where the original concepts for steam generators came from. The tried and trued "free-piston motor" is self-sufficient and requires little maintenance. Also for having a gross weight of 42lbs and making 200hp is great. Yes, there is no direct drive to a shaft or motion transfer. Its all thrust produced by tuning sound and pressure waves. It has been installed on a vehicle before, and the thrust it produces can power whatever. check out the pic of it I tried to post up in an earlier post. If anyone can make it a picture instead of an attachment, please do it for me.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
They call it "LoudMouth".

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If it was developed more, I can see some advantages that would outweight the dis-. I think what they should be developing and I have been thinking about more. Is independant pistons using their own crankshaft and then they feed into a special transmission to gather the power for the drivetrain. When you see harley twins making 180hp it gets you thinking. If you could assemble an 8 cylinder motor using 4 twin piston engines, that would have a potential of 800 hp. Also there is this Suzuki GS1200 4 cylinder. Custom EFI with twin turbo, all stock bottom end with forged rods, no nitrous. He is getting 760hp from it. He took it to a shop that was having a contest on the best dyno for crotch rockets, and blew them all away. They almost had to kick him off cause they thought he was going to break the machine.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I didn't mean a factory v-twin 88. It was an S&S v-twin motor. And the motorcycle did have a stock bottom end. He did recommend that you go all forged if you were to push it past that, cause of oiling issues. I'll find the article and post it. I was suspicious at first, but I call things as I see them. My bs is usually true, but just nobody heard of it b4 or believes me.

309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I meant the oiling issues for the Suzuki GSXR1100 to be exact, I found one of the old posts from GS Resources. This bike was bare stock, except for the turbo.

"GSXR's are tough--Keep the RPM below 11,000, use water injection above 10 psi. Don't put any trick ignitions on them. Run 35 degrees full advance drop you spark gap to.019", use NGK Race plugs, and you can get 272-350 hp. About 18 psi and 272 hp @ 10,000 rpm is enough to do anything. No one believes us but we do not recommend boring the motors, big blocks or Carillo rods. If you over-rev them past the stock redline you will sooner or later crack the crankshaft. Stay with Suzuki's internal balance factors, they did a better job than you will. These are violent, sudden toys that get your attention fast...and will get you if you don't pay attention."

The one that I originally was talking about I remember was a stock xr1200, retro fit twin turbo, shaved pistons, water-air intercooled, EFI, water injection, and it had an MSD ignition. I love turbo's, free power.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.