Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to introduce myself. also wanted to state that i dont know anything about cars. i just love my pathfinder and want to keep it as long as i can. since i am getting out of college soon and will be getting a full time job i want to do some modifications to my car. i drive a 2000 pathy le. i want to make it more fuel efficient. i was just wondering what are some basic things to increase my mpgs?

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
can do basic stuff like
change your o2 sensor, replace fuel filter, replace air cleaner/filter, and put in a good synthetic oil (Mobil1, etc.)

welcome to the forums

try looking around in the truck sections...there will be more help available there

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
blake mentiond all the regular tune up stuff, but it depends on how far you want to take this. a new higher flowing intake such as a cold air intake will give your even more MPG and as an added bonus a few horses. along with a full exhaust that any muffler shop could do for $200 or so. but at the expence of more MPG and horese comes noise, possibly lots of it (depending on the setup) but its all personal prefferance. if i could do all that without the noise i would in a heart beat....but ya cant :(

(you can however tune the noise to a pleasing pitch useing exhaust resonators and muffler silencer inserts)

edit: oh! and welcome to nf.com lol.

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
Congratulations on joining NF!!:thumbup: Good luck the your future mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts