Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 88' sentra and i'm soon to be purchasing an sr20det. But it says its an awd tranny, would i be able to use my stock tranny for this swap?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
no, you will need to use the SR20de FWd tranny. must probably flywheel and clutch also. You must also already know that the engine mount/tranny mount will require custom fabrication.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need Help? CA18DET

Crazy-Mart said:
no, you will need to use the SR20de FWd tranny. must probably flywheel and clutch also. You must also already know that the engine mount/tranny mount will require custom fabrication.
I would like to know if there is any other turbo charged fwd engines out that there that could be applied to my b12 w/o major doing major modifications. i heard something about CA18DET? if you kno anything. please help?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
It will bolt in the engine compartment way easier than the SR swap. but like most of them, youll be on your own. No one here will provide any specific info as wiring. but mostly, its bolt on and with a donor pulsar SE 88-90 youll have most of the part needed to do it !

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
twiztdfl1p said:
I would like to know if there is any other turbo charged fwd engines out that there that could be applied to my b12 w/o major doing major modifications. i heard something about CA18DET? if you kno anything. please help?
Putting a turbocharged engine into your B12 IS a major modification. I would have researched a lot more before having bought a motor. You are going to have a tough time from what I see. You are asking questions you wouldn't have needed to ask if you even read a tiny bit of the resources available here and elsewhere on the net.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The easiest way to turbocharge your B12 is to get a GA16DE, drop it in the engine bay (it fits like a glove, no body modification needed), and attach a turbocharger onto a custom exhaust manifold or headers. The stock tranny from the B12 will fit on the GA16, you can use the same flywheel and clutch, so you will not have to do any fajiggling there either. You will need a wastegate, oil feed line, and other turbocharger parts, of course. Also, you will probably need to upgrade your fuel injectors with that from a 2.4 litre Altima or 2.4 litre 240SX to run the turbocharger. You will have plenty of room to fit the turbocharger, but you might want to reduce your engine fans to only one instead of two.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Nissan300ZXZ31Turbo said:
The easiest way to turbocharge your B12 is to get a GA16DE, drop it in the engine bay (it fits like a glove, no body modification needed), and attach a turbocharger onto a custom exhaust manifold or headers. The stock tranny from the B12 will fit on the GA16, you can use the same flywheel and clutch, so you will not have to do any fajiggling there either. You will need a wastegate, oil feed line, and other turbocharger parts, of course. Also, you will probably need to upgrade your fuel injectors with that from a 2.4 litre Altima or 2.4 litre 240SX to run the turbocharger. You will have plenty of room to fit the turbocharger, but you might want to reduce your engine fans to only one instead of two.
Actually he has an 88 so no, the ga16de wont fit right on. i still think the best bang for the buck is the ca18det. no hassle on turbo fitting or injectors...wiring isnt easy in both case but just to get a pre-turboed engine will save you lots of problem like making the drain hole into the pan ect...plus you get to have an engine ready to take 300hp with upgrades...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts