Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and welcome,

Thank you for visiting NissanForums.com, but to try and get ahead of some of the more "Frequently Asked Questions" we've provided the following primer:

Before posting a question, it often is beneficial to visit Sentra.net, SE-R.net, and/or NissanPerformanceMag.com. To search through these three sites go here.

NissanForums.com also has a page.

Some of the best info for the GA16DE engine can be found in Kojima's Garage.

This GA16 1.6L Engine forum is for GA16 engine discussion only! Topics about SR20DE swaps, projector headlights, Altezza style taillights, etc. should not be posted in this section!

Electric Superchargers/Turbochargers

These don't work! Despite which may have read on eBay, these things are a waste of your money. This goes for "timing modification kits" or any other scams. Remember what your mom told you? "If it's too good to be true, it probably is", and in this situation that is very correct.

more information

Ram Air

Actually, cold air intakes are better, but ram air is still better than nothing. For more information read this and this.

·
Banned
809 Posts
haha, well said :).... due to the conecept of forced air.. these actually force air in the intake.. but not to the degree of givign massive boost.. if anythign, you might as well say.. "electronic turbo chargers give you the same horsepower as loosing 1 ounce of weight off our cars"

1,267 Posts
Electric Superchargers/Turbochargers

These don't work! Despite which may have read on eBay, these things are a waste of your money. This goes for "timing modification kits" or any other scams. Remember what your mom told you? "If it's too good to be true, it probably is", and in this situation that is very correct.
I was just thinking last night I would put up a sticky about this, but you beat me to it. I guess I'll unstick the other one, don't really need it any more.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hehehe...I even included a few of those ebay jokes in the calendar. :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
So if no swap talk there than tell me how to make ga16de worthy of keeping other than reliability. Hands down, I have never been beat stop-light to stop light, but the sr20 is tempting, so pursuay, or defend.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jonndepalma said:
So if no swap talk there than tell me how to make ga16de worthy of keeping other than reliability. Hands down, I have never been beat stop-light to stop light, but the sr20 is tempting, so pursuay, or defend.
Is there a question in there? Anyway, there's a hybrid forum for swap discussion. This forum is for GA16 discussion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For ?'s about GA16DE potential...

I'm surprised the Sport Compact Car Project Sweet 16 wasn't included in this list. I noticed sentra.net was, but anyone interested in the capability of a naturally aspirated GA16DE should really read the SCC article which is published on the sentra.net website.

Here's a link:

http://www.sentra.net/project/index.php See Project Sweet 16

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.