Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here names not jack tho its Darian. as my names says im not a nissan fan but a mopar fan. BUT i did however just purchase my first nissan! its a 1998 Nissan sentra GXE for $2000 with 146km. most basic car you can get no power stearing no abs no nothin. my question for you guys is at the local insurance auction there is a 1998 200sx there, some windows smashed and probly a broken column (have not seen it yet next auction is wed) i am wondering are the power options interchange able between these cars? like can i nab the power stearing, gauges (no tach in mine) and other stuff like that? what about front seats are they better should i swap them? what is a 200sx worth these days? what about the body can i take the front and rear bumper to spruce up my grocery getter? any and all help is super helpfull thanks ppl!!!

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,236 Posts
yes since they are both GA16DE's the front half of the car is the same. 200Sx is 2 door, I guess you know.
Back end is mechanically similar, but trunk lid, lights are different. suspect the bumper is interchangeable but haven't done that.
The gxe should have power steering.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
And yes I put a 200Sx gauge cluster with tach in my GXE Sentra. You have to re-arrange the pins in the three plugs but it is done....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k cool, yup def have no power stearing no a/c no nothin. like i said im new but the GA16DE's ??? does the se-r not have a 2L vs my 1.6? thanks for all the help btw!

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
For 98-99 the Sentra SE and SE-L had the SR20 2 liter
200SX SE-R had the SR20
Sounds like you have a base Sentra, not a GXE, GXE's here came with A/C and PS
Sentra's Trim level went base, XE, GXE, Limited (plus the above mentioned SE models)
Maybe someone added a GXE badge ?
If you really want to know check your VIN or take your VIN to the Dealer they can tell you what came on the car.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
200SX SE had the 1.6.....
200SX SE-R had the 2.0..

If this car is an SE-R yes you can swap it all over, the whole mechanical drive train ( its different, trans, axles the whole thing.) and ECU, a lot of work, but you can do it.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
seats are better in the SE-R too !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For 98-99 the Sentra SE and SE-L had the SR20 2 liter
200SX SE-R had the SR20
Sounds like you have a base Sentra, not a GXE, GXE's here came with A/C and PS
Sentra's Trim level went base, XE, GXE, Limited (plus the above mentioned SE models)
Maybe someone added a GXE badge ?
If you really want to know check your VIN or take your VIN to the Dealer they can tell you what came on the car.
there are no badges only reason i say its a GXE is because when i registered it thats what it came up as on my registration and bill of sale and crap like that.

and yeah the car in question to grab parts off is a "NISSAN 200 SX SE-R" according to the salvage listing. thanks guys

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
The SE-R drive train is worth $1000 + alone.
just an SR20 drivetrain from a running rusted out older and trashed SE-R, IE before the 200Sx, were going for over $1000 several years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The SE-R drive train is worth $1000 + alone.
just an SR20 drivetrain from a running rusted out older and trashed SE-R, IE before the 200Sx, were going for over $1000 several years ago.
well then anyone interested in some se-r stuff id gladly part it out cheep if there is interest in anything.. i basicly want a bumper and gauges maybe front seats PS, PB, stuff like that so the drivetrain any anything else could go! please let me know before wed and ill go bid on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts